Thursday, August 5, 2010

Loaning


We also have Business subject for this semester. Just like Entrepreneurship (ETR) during our diploma in 2008. However the scope has been scaled down to only for civil engineering related business. We already ahead from our lecturer order. We discussed about the possible businesses to be presented for this subject. Yes, we have shortlisted 3 businesses out of 12 from our first brain storm session. Since our lecturer didn’t order anything to us, so we just to wait for time come.

We have to ensure several issues such as the business suitability, capital, and few other aspects. The time come and all of our 3 businesses can be done and the only issue is the capital is unlimited. However we have to justify the source for our capital. So that is our limitation for now. We realize that we have to know how much we can borrow from bank. I contacted my relatives that working in financial organization and the outcome is not good. The information is so scarce and we cannot get the correct view of the loan process.

I know I’m playing the General Manager role for this business. So I have to do many public relations activity including gathering the information about loan process. No matter how good that person in communication, he or she have to well prepared or naturally good charm to go through such circumstance. Unlucky for me, the financial department might be worried as we cannot proceed with our business plan if we cannot determine our limit capital. He suddenly asked us to go to the bank today and ask about the loan. For me, I wanted to wait for my brother as he is asking her wife about the process since her wife is working at a bank.

This unfortunate event just happened. I am not prepared and we boldly entered the bank. We stand about 2 minutes at the entrance and figuring out something. The financial person in our group stressed out “We need the GM play his role right now” without pointing at me directly. I understand the situation however I have to think first. What should I say and how to do it properly. Well with some courage we just go to the second floor for the loan office.

Alhamdulillah, someone asked about our intention of being there. Since she has started the conversation so it was easier for me to burst out all the questions in my head. However she was busy at that time and passed us to Mr. Iskandar. Well, Mr. Iskandar is kind and nice. He treated us like a friend of him. I asked every single thing in my mind. Well, I’m going to correct my Nawaitu (intention). I’m not doing this just for Business subject. I’m doing this for my early preparation. Who knows, someday I have to this for real purpose. To found a real company.

Throughout the interview process, I suddenly remember the character in ‘Yes Man’ movie. It was starred by Jim Carrey who plays as an officer for loan in a bank. Mr. Iskandar might be the same person who will allow any loan application from public. Again, we have gain real experience from real bank and with proper training and experiences in the near future, I’m might be able to open up a company. Some disappointment for me, the Financial person from our group supposed to ask a lot of questions to Mr. Iskandar. He asked me to play my role but he never plays his. There were no one from other 3 persons backed me up during that session. 4 brains and minds supposed to have many questions and just from my mind only, it limit our knowledge and view.

However our bold move has given us a step forward in our progress for this subject. If this event has not occurred, we will stay here forever. Allamdulillah again and again. Thank you for you guys who still showing up to give me strength from the inside.

p/s: And again I’m proud of being a video game person. I know the ‘Assembly Line’ term. It is for production term especially for factories. I’ve known the ‘Assembly Line’ term from Civilization game. As it is one of the technology need to be researched. And who said video games are useless? Huh???

Allahumma Yassir, Wa La Tu’assir. Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: