Sunday, August 1, 2010

Practical Epilogue

I have to compare many things to make a fair review of this training. First of all, my feeling. At the time I arrived at this site I came with enthusiasm. But it turns out badly as I dislike this site very much. I hated here. That what’s I have to learn. With so many advices, I can accept the fact how to live on in the future.

My ability. From shyness to speak with everyone now I am able to use telephone to speak with people that I have never known. Almost at the end of the training now I have the courage to confront with our PM to state the truth. I also able to manage hard labors to order them to do their work. Patience, this is important. Manageable, I have to be much more efficient in managing hard labor in the future. Honesty, I must be firm to stand on my honesty. Energetic, even though I’m not fit like others but I determined to finish my job.

Communication has increased significantly inside me. The differentiation has been reduced. The prejudice also decreased between Chinese, Indonesian and other workers. I have to respect them to gain knowledge from them. Be as humble as you can but keep your head high.

There are huge difference between academic world and practical world. I think the practical world does not respect much to the person in academic world. So I determined to be a half-half of this situation. So I can be the liaison of both worlds. With this connection we can expand the knowledge and we can also improvise the technical ability in a project. So both worlds can benefit with very good collaboration between them.

Well, not many technical things that I have learn. Everything is subjective. Depend on what I have been through; it is on me whether to look at it emotionally, educationally, experientially, or any other else. As far as I’m concern, emotion has taken much part of it. However I knew I have learned something that I did not even realize about it. Well, just be it. As I finishing this entry, it is already 4 weeks after our training. Much of them like confidence, determination and willingness have decreased tremendously as we started being push in academic world. With IDP, FYP, Business etc make us too hectic as we (at least, me) couldn’t remember what I have been through last 2 months. That’s all from me. The training has ended and the real world is about to come in just about 4 months. Wish me luck.

p/s: Finally, entries about my training has come to an end.

Allahumma Yassir, Wa La Tu’assir. Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.



“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

1 comment:

ASaL said...

i realized your blog has change. It is good to see a new Aderi Purezento, but some comment to be made.
1. you entry font is quite hard to read. I get difficulties to read all the sentences.
2. suggest to change to more friendly font and ease to the eyes.
3. the best colour that soothe eyes when reading is light colour. Dark is more stressing to the brain.

I realize that more people coming here to read on the founder of Engineering practices. Karl Terzaghi. Keep it up.