Friday, August 1, 2008

PI

When Mr. Yong asked to all of us, what is pi? Automatically the students answer with 3.142 and for me, it is 22/7 because it is more accurate. And again, he rephrases, WHAT IS PI? I suddenly remembered the story from my sister. PI is ratio between the diameters of the circle with its perimeter. But I only managed to answer ‘ratio’ in the class. Then Mr. Yong reacted to me. The only answer at the lecture hall was from me at that time. He pointed the microphone to me. But I don’t know what the rest is. Then other friends try to answer, but Mr. Yong said to them “You try to ask your friend at the back later”. Well, I didn’t really remembered about it and I ask my sister via sms and then she explained to me the real meaning of the pi.

The point is the ‘rare’ answer for ‘rare’ question didn’t come out all the time. I also shared with my sister with some ‘rare’ info but she usually had a chance to tell it with her students. But for me, the chance only comes once. As everybody thought about it, no one ever realize what is pi actually is. It is luck for me to conversing with my sister frequently about knowledge all the time. Now, for me the pi is the ratio in the real fact but I like to suggest pi is the one of the math coefficient for a circle.

ENGINEERING: A DESIGNER KNOWS HE HAS ACHIEVED PERFECTION NOT WHEN THERE IS NOTHING TO LEFT TO ADD, BUT WHEN THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO TAKE AWAY -Antoine De Saint Exupéry-

No comments: