Monday, January 16, 2012

Imam






What is great being an Imam? Okay, what is Imam actually? Well, there are several concepts regarding Imam. And in this entry I’m about to tell you about an Imam of being the leader for people during prayers. Yes, that kind which we can see, the leader where he leads the prayer and every steps of prayer will be followed by others behind him. In most cases, Imam is a male. If all the jemaah (group members) is women, so the leader can be one from them, also a woman. But once there is a male, so the male must lead the prayers.

My experience, well, honestly I seldom become an Imam during prayers. Just sometimes and most of them when the jemaah is small in number. Might be the group of 2, 3 or 4 person. Not so many of people. And usually I have to become an Imam when the others are reluctant to step forward to become an Imam.

I frequently thinks that someday I will be ready to become an Imam by myself later on, without realizing it. No, I don’t think so. I always give ways for others to become an Imam. Like in our office, I usually let Basyir led the prayers. And just sometimes when Basyir thinks that he has being Imam so many times so he wanted me to become an Imam. So, it’s ok but it just the group of two persons.

Last Wednesday, on my way back from a meeting at Kuantan, I stop at Gambang R&R for Maghrib and Isya’ prayers. After finish up my ablution process, there is still a jemaah from a prayer session, so I just waited for them to finish their prayers since I’m no longer can join them and become masbuq. After the group finishes their prayers, then I waited for any person to start the new jemaah. I just lean on the wall to wait for other person. Few of us watch each other faces and giving a signal to let any other else to lead the prayer.

And suddenly come someone and started the calling of prayer. And suddenly other people stepping a step behind. It seems no one would volunteer to become an Imam. Well, no one wanted to take the responsibility and eventually I volunteering myself to lead the prayers. It actually common. Even though I’m quite nervous at first, but I believe someday I will lead prayers more frequent. I cannot forever hide and let other to lead. I am a man, I will become a leader one day and cannot anymore rely on other else at that time.

The situation is normal, and I believe no one would give a d**n about this. But, it is some kind of special moment for me. So, it just a natural situation until I give my salam to signal the finish of the prayer. After finishing my du’a and I turn my head to the back and there are many people behind me, they were following my prayers gesture before. Alhamdulillah, it’s good. Our prayers finish normally. We shakes hand even we don’t know each other, and we smiled.

Well, that’s just my experience. People must weird of reading my experience like this. It’s okay, I know. It just special for me because I didn’t lead prayers in many occasion. Perhaps it’s already time for me to enhance my spiritual side which long lost taken. Must return to my former self back then. InsyaAllah, Allah will help me and I must strive for it. Amin Ya Rabb.



"DAVID BECKHAM IS BRITAIN'S FINEST STRIKER OF A FOOTBALL NOT BECAUSE OF GOD-GIVEN TALENT BUT BECAUSE HE PRACTISES WITH A RELENTLESS APPLICATION THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF LESS GIFTED WOULDN'T CONTEMPLATE" – Sir Alex Ferguson –

3 comments:

ASaL said...

Alhamdulillah

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah...

Aderi Aryasu said...

Alhamdulillah,syukur ya Rabb..