Thursday, December 23, 2010

Achievements Achieved


 
I’m feeling proud enough at least upon my own self. Well, I believe no one will be proud of me because of this. Moreover they might feel weird looking onto what I’m about to write. Nevertheless, I still want to enjoy this moment and let the feeling flow in my vein. This is my new achievement ever as far stretching back up to two years before.

Again, this is about video game. Let me explain. I believe both XBOX360 and PS3 will offer certain achievements when something were done in-game. This achievements doesn’t really important for the game progress actually. Like scoring a goal in FIFA 11 and then player will obtained 5 G for example for their reward as they unlock the achievement. And the achievement can be unlocked only once. And there are 49 other (usually) achievements ready to be unlocked. The total G for a game is usually 1000 G. Every achievements unlocked will offer various amount of G. These achievements cannot be unlocked (usually again) if the player uses cheats to help them during the game progress.

Guess what, for the first time ever in these 2 years long I have finished one whole game achievements with 1000 G amassed along the way. Again, this is for the first time ever I have unlocked 50 out of 50 achievements offered in a game. The game is Civilization Revolution. Well some people know that I’m really into this game. FYI, Civ Rev is not just a game. Civ Rev is the escape tool for me who does not play chess really well. Plus there are so many information and facts that I really love to read with the in-game Civilopedia. With so well game system, simple and logic with the actual facts of Civilizations of the world such as Arabic, German, Aztec, Japanese and so many other, these things make the game really interesting. I admit, just few of my friend know how to play the game. Otherwise, most of them will give up and abandon the game.

Well now I just want to write the achievements. There are 4 final achievements that I just unlocked during these two days. On my first thought, I think I wouldn’t be able to unlock these achievements. One because I cannot detect the parameter to be accomplished and the other three were just simply looks like impossible to be done.

However my determination rose really high when I sat quietly and think. In my mind, I want to try to finish one achievement which challenges me to finish the game before 1000 A.D. (Anno Domini years). I always thought this is totally impossible for me. The earliest ever that I have tried just about 1700 A.D. Then I determined to use Arabic Empire as they got attacking bonus. Unfortunately, I couldn’t reach the other opponents even it is already 1000 A.D. I try again but this time I changed to German Empire. They also got attacking bonus plus they will be upgraded automatically during the progress.

 With basic attacking unit I planned my attacking strategy. Attack and move forward. Rome was conquered, followed with Zulu. Then the army units were strengthens for a while to take an attack towards Egyptian empire. Yes, Thebes were taken and finally we are approaching Washington, the capitol of American Empire. With about 4 to 5 sets of army were ready at the edge of the boundary. Later I moved the unit towards the city and the city fell in my hand. Believe me, it was 800 A.D. and can you imagine what if this real world at 800 A.D., only one empire that controlling the whole world? It is about 1210 years before. Well, finally I achieved the ‘That We May Live in Peace’ achievement for winning under 1000 A.D. Yeah!!!

But not just that, without realizing it I have unlocked two other achievements. They are ‘Power Never Takes a Back Step’ for winning with just only one city were founded by me and another one ‘Absolute Power is Kind of Neat’ for winning without changing the government format. Well, as I progress to write this, for those who still stubborn to read until the end of this entry might get lost without understand a single thing. Poor you guys. Sorry. For those who played this game before, they might understand what I am feeling right now.

I’m sorry about it because for the final achievement I have to refer the internet first. However I already planned almost the same thing from what I have read from the internet. However I have implemented few tactics advised from the internet to unlock ‘Curse of the Drinking Class’ for making a city to achieved 200 resources production. Finally, all the achievements offered in Civilization Revolution were unlocked and 1000 G has been stored in my game achievement. Thanks Sid Meier, for developing this fantastic but simplified version of Civilization series. But sorry for not getting your latest game ‘Civilization V’ on PC because my PC system requirement does not even reach the game minimum requirement. Have to wait few years more I guess.

Well, do I have any reason to play Civilization Revolution again? No, but surely I will play it again because I’m CivAddict. Hehehe.
"IF OUR COUNTRY WORTH DYING FOR IN TIME OF WAR LET US RESOLVE THAT IT IS TRULY WORTH LIVING FOR IN TIME OF PEACE" – Hamilton Fish –

No comments: