Monday, February 18, 2013

One Bad Memory




Suddenly I just remembered something, something recalled as a quite bad memory. I used to be a top student in my batch, and in my course, Alhamdulillah. Then many students came from Sabah campus into our campus in Jengka, Pahang. Actually, they can choose which campus they want to go. Sarawak, Penang and Jengka. Those who choose Jengka mostly have pure intention in their studies so it is normal to have excellent student to join us.

Then I dropped two places and I was number three behind Adham and M. Nor if I’m not mistaken. Never mind, it was a healthy competition. My results gradually drop but still above 3.50 and still in third place behind both of them until the final semester. Alhamdulillah.

For the final semester, technically we are in the final year of our Diploma studies. Usually, there will be many events celebrating the final year students and award them with most active, top students and so many more awards.

Yeah, you got it. I thought I was shortlisted in the top three. But instead, the number four students, he is behind me, live in the same house with me, got the third spot for the award. So that’s why I was not invited to the ceremony. First, second and third were awarded in that ceremony. I never thought any weird thing because perhaps that my friend in the 4th place was active in Civil Engineering Student Society (CESS) as he hold some position in the group, so he deserved the award.  

If I don’t know this, it even much better. Unfortunately, I heard this in the very last day of the semester. The award is purely based on Academic achievement. It is clearly that Adham and M. Nor does not hold any position in any group or club in the campus. But their CGPA was much superior compared with me. So I don’t suspect any conspiracy.

So the truth came out and a friend of mine which close with the hierarchy (I’m outside the hierarchy all along in my studies in Jengka, perhaps to avoid bias issue) told me that KP has dropped out my name due to some issue that I deserved to be ousted. That’s why that guy in fourth place came to take my place. I think he also knew that. At the moment I heard that, there’s a feeling deep in my heart. It was so sad. But I don’t know why, that guy who took my place shows me the plate and certificate to show that he got that award. So be it, he got the plate and certificate plus RM500 if I’m not mistaken. It was his rizq and totally not mine.

From totally unknown of the issue and then realized that my name was dropped down the list was such a pain. Sometime, truth is hard to swallow.

After all, Alhamdulillah for everything.




"DAVID BECKHAM IS BRITAIN'S FINEST STRIKER OF A FOOTBALL NOT BECAUSE OF GOD-GIVEN TALENT BUT BECAUSE HE PRACTISES WITH A RELENTLESS APPLICATION THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF LESS GIFTED WOULDN'T CONTEMPLATE" – Sir Alex Ferguson –

2 comments:

Nur said...

oh no!

That's zalim I believe.

Aderi Aryasu said...

Before i knew it, i don't really mind. But after i knew it, i don't know what to say.

just, the rizq was not mine.

:)