Friday, July 10, 2009

Kids!





10 July 2009
07.41 p.m.

Kids!


Well, this is an interesting story to me. I admit that I am motivated with my sister’s writing about her experiences wherever she goes. This one directly comes to my mind to write it here.

Today is Friday. Usually we didn’t have any classes during the evening session. Unfortunately for this semester, there is a Mathematic class for the rest of this semester. But there is nothing to be sad about. We came here to study not to rest.

Since there is renovation works in progress at the University’s mosque, our neighborhood’s mosque is conducting Friday prayer. This is my first time for me to perform Friday prayer at this mosque. As well to prepare any eventualities, I’ve come out with sajadah in my hand. Hopefully I can get into that mosque.

Fortunately, I and Eb got a space at the back. Second last row if I’m not mistaken. So I put down the sajadah in front of me to cover my forehead. As usual, we are hearing the sermon from the Imam. In front of me, there was a kid with his father. I think he is as same with my nephew, Asytar in term of age. Ironically, his father also looks alike of my brother, the father of Asytar, physically yes.

The time has come. Everyone already stand up to start our prayer. With this father wanted to train his young to learn for pray to God. But at this condition, I don’t think that is suitable for that kid. The Imam already started and we as the ma’mum followed him.

Seriously I admit, with this kid in front of me I can’t concentrate on my prayer. To be playing in front of me, playing with my sajadah and pointing at me, “Why can you stand still little boy?” my mind starting to wander. I think the Imam feel comfortable in the air-conditioned prayer hall, he recite quite a long verse with a slow readings. While we at the back got to be patient and plus for me with this little boy.

Beside that kid, there was a guy might be as young as me. He put away his glasses in front of him at the sujud area like everyone did to put their belongings like car keys, watch and other things. During the second rakaat, the kid who feels bored clinging below his farther arm wanted to have a walk. Suddenly, he stepped on that guy glasses. What a fragile glass can stand? Even at the bottom feet of a little kid. The glasses smashed. I do think Eb who stands beside me also surprised with that event. A kid who might be nervous in his heart shakes his father to ask him to go back home at that exact moment.

“Oh, you’re so dead” my pray surely become of waste with that thinking. Nothing happen, well of course we are still in our prayer. The only things that the kid can do are ruku’ and sujud but if only he can stand still and qiam like others he might not get into trouble. The time goes on with my mind still wandering what will happen after this.

“Assalamualaikum warahmatullah” the first salam from the Imam. Everyone else followed. Then quietly I’m starting my individual do’a hoping the Lord to forgive me for what happen earlier in my prayer. And also at the mean time, the father of the little kid scolds him. The kid can only keep quiet. Once again, “Why can you be like this before?” my mind still wander.

But the magical moment come at that time. The father asked the guy whether he want to give him a replacement or money to pay him back. And only if you can look at this guy face which I believe he is concentrate in his prayer before (even though he still manage to realize his glass was smashed), only smiled. “Okay, it’s nothing. Well, kids.” the guy replied. The father can only ask his boy to ask for forgiveness.

I really adore that generosity of a guy to that little kid. If he is a student, he might get angry afterwards. Where he want to get at least RM300 to get a new one? Then, I stand up to get home. I’ve got to go early because I’m following my friend with his motorcycle. With a quick glance, I saw that little kid hold that guy hand and kiss his hand.

Everything ends peacefully. And for me? What a waste of Friday. I didn’t get enough time to have a lunch. A class afterwards tills evening and a not-counted prayer. O’ Lord, forgive me. I hope all of you did not blame me. Please, blame that father.


FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE. HATE... LEADS TO SUFFERING.
- Master Yoda -

2 comments:

ASaL said...

is the picture that u attached Asytar? Look like him taugh. If the boy was Asytar, do you think Alang will scold him like that?

Aderi Aryasu said...

no, not asytar. if the boy was asytar, i don't think that guy even dare to talk to alang. at least, alang have to start to do the talking for sure.. he3