Sunday, February 28, 2010

Streotypes


I really wanted to write this. I wrote this immediately after I’ve returned from our meeting. The meeting between us, former schoolmate. It is nice to seeing these guys after a long time. Last time I’ve met them was in the middle of 2009. But tonight is the special one. Apen, his nickname one of our former schoolmate just returned from Hannover, Germany for his holiday. So this event was created to meet with him and I’m also riding his car to the place. It is simple, a futsal game but I’m not involved cause I’m not good at it.


My focus about tonight event was not him, but all of us and several issues that floating around us. There are several suggestions, arguments and many more. One of them about the proposal for a trip to Perhentian Island. Well, in my mind it is already stated that I don’t want to go at any cost. Because of the cost itself. I couldn’t effort for it right now but after being persuaded so I’ve responded that I might go if the economy is good from me.


Here the issue started. One of my friends couldn’t believe that I don’t have the money. For a UiTM student, the money from loan or scholarship will be able to support for this trip. They said this because UiTM has the lowest rate of fee in the world. I’ve told him that I already over expense at this moment. I have to save some for my industrial training and also at the beginning of next semester but they can afford to believe it.

Just at the moment there is between two of us. Then come another friend and he told the story of me had a problem with money. But it gets even worse.


“Apa, student UiTM dah lah dapat yuran murah. Lepas tu dapat pinjaman, scholar --- malas belajar pulak tu. Tambah pula tu, asyik nak keluar dengan perempuanlah, beli handset lah, bersuka-ria dan berpoya-poya. Ish, aku benci la dengan diorang ni. Menyampah aku. Kau tengok video-video tu, siapa yang buat? Uitm jugak”……



WTH???


My other friend responded with that manner just suddenly. Obviously I’m shocked but I tried to cover it as I could. I’ve tried to backs my colleagues in the same university. But eventually I admit that is probably the fact. But it also just a stereotype of other people on us. (Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of groups, based on some prior assumptions [Wikipedia])

At that time, my mind thinking that “Macamlah U lain bagus sangat, suci. Semua tempat sama, ada baik ada jahat”. But I’m only smiles, smiles that not so honest. It just like that curse and insult hit directly on my face. Even though I’m not totally done that things.


If I only can tell them, there are some of us that hardly fighting in respective fields. Even though most of them just like what you said but still, you can underestimate the other that willingly to fight. They fight relentless through the obstacles in front of them.


The overview here, to all my fighters in UiTM! Most of them look at us at the lowest level in higher level learning you know. The losers, the suckers, trash that only place that ever can exist. I know this might be too harsh but this is my stereotypes on other people that don’t live with us. So, for those who might not realized it yet, please get up. We became the place for others to blame on.



Ya Allah, Ampunilah dosa kedua ibu bapa kami.

Ya Allah, berikanlah Nur kefahaman yang tajam kepada kami.

Ya Allah, permudahkanlah jalan perjuangan kami.


Ya Allah, letakkanlah kami di atas jalan perjuangan yang benar.





THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT IS IN ONE WAY MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE STRUGGLE TO VANQUISH HITLER, FOR THIS TIME THE WAR IS WITH OURSELVES. WE ARE THE ENEMY, JUST AS WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES AS ALLIES -Al Gore-

No comments: