Monday, December 28, 2009

'Avatar' Is Doing Fine


When the first time I've heard about this movie, I thought this is the movie for 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' the animation from TV. Obviously I was wrong. This is a new movie with new story and have no relations with that animation.


Even though I realised the fact of this film, I have no intention to watch it yet. Only after I realised that the director for Avatar is James Cameron, director from Terminator and Terminator 2 and also the most famous Titanic in 1997. Few days later I've watched the trailer and I commit myself to watch the movie even I have to go on my own.


Generally, first song I've heard from this movie it give me the feelings from Civilization game. Later the video coming in and it is not disappointing. It is termendous actually because I think this is the new era of movie. Improved CGI techniques combine with live action from human make it so interesting.


Alpha Centauri's Moon, Pandora is the set of the movie. Where human in that era (21xx) are mining that moon for Unobtainium which is very expensive. The value for that material is US$20M for 1 kg. The Na'vi, creature which is human like is live on that moon as the dominant creature. That is the major problem for human from earth where the Hometree, the house for Na'vi where the Unobtainium exist. Meanwhile there is Jake Sully, paralized US Marine were chosen to step in his twin brother shoes for controlling the Avatar. Except that his brother was a PhD which an expert about Pandora and the Na'vi. While Jake was nothing and just take that opportunity to do something new.


It is a long movie. About three hours duration which for me it is tiring for my nerve. Since it is a imagination movie so it took about half of the movie to introduce ourselve with the moon, the creatures and also the most important is the life of Na'vi. So the rest is for the conflict arises between the Na'vi and human which involving Jake Sully at the middle.


The values in that movie is heavily concern about the environment literally, before it was destructed. You can presume that I'm saying is our environment at the meantime is obviously destructed even though it is not totally destructed. Pandora is very green and naturally fantastic. It might be the story of our ancestors when the earth was still green.


Assuming that condition and situation exist, I think I'm very sinful if I command a bulldozer to clean up the green and environment to build road, buildings, tower, dam and so much civilized building. It seems this movie just like about relocating the aborigines from their traditional house in the woods to build dam such as what happen in Sarawak for Empangan Bakun.


Whatever it is, it live to us to think and the filmmakers and story makers can only show what have they thought and might happen into visual in the movies. So for us to take measureble and predicted outcomes from our actions should be respectable but hopeful nothing negative happen.


p/s: Just hinting some words from the movie

Neytiri - Female Na'vi mate with Jake Sully

Mo'at - Female Shaman

Toruc Macto - Last Shadow Rider

Tsahaylu - The connector (bond) from the animal such as Ikran and horse with Na'vi

Ikran - Flying bird like flying dinosour

Omaticaya - One of Na'vi clan



FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE. HATE... LEADS TO SUFFERING.
- Master Yoda -

2 comments:

usop_zali said...

Toruc Macto - Last Shadow Rider
Kalo bdk umah kita, sama ada auk atau faxrul layak la jadi...hehe

Aderi Aryasu said...

betul2.. kne ade audition sape yg betul2 layak jadi toruc macto sebenar... sebab sorang je yg layak.. he3