Thursday, January 21, 2010

Go Through Time 1

The Time As It Can Be Close To The Real Resemblance



Have you seen Doraemon with his time travel machine hidden in Nobita’s study desk? Honestly, this is the first time travel creative idea that I encountered during my childhood. Next, have you seen ‘Back To The Future’ trilogy? In these three movie, they expanded the idea of time travel and make me think some more. And there are several more movies that using this rich imagination for their story. Some of them which strictly discuss about the theory are The Time Machine (2002), Twelve Monkeys (1995) and some others.

I’ve studied this theory with on my own and I’m absolutely attracted to it. I even proposed the title for my Presentation Skill in English subject but directly rejected by my lecturer then. I’ve tried to discuss about it with my friends but they are also rejecting my idea and state that the idea is ridiculous and impossible. I do think so, but I don’t think about the machine that can make us travel through time but I think what the effect and consequences if any scientists in the world finally succeed inventing the machine. That is my part of interest.

Let discuss about time a bit. Okay, I will put here a direct definition of time from Wikipedia. Time; Time is part of the measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects. From my readings, I found that time is a perception and it can differ between a person with another person. For example, when you watching Avatar in cinema which took almost 3 hours, but you do not really feel the long period of time (if you really enjoy this movie). While, at the other place that you took a very hard final exam paper which also took the exact three hours; you might feel the long painful three hours in your life. That’s the different. So, let’s take back the Avatar event, when you entered the cinema it is 2.00 pm and after the movie ended you look at your watch and it is 5.00 pm.

You might want to take that as a travel time incident. But it cannot be because you are experiencing the 3 hours in the cinema. The definition of time travel is when a person or thing who go to other time than present without experiencing the time in between – or at least not at the normal rate. Regardless whether to the past or to the future. Or let’s we take the funny side of it but I also found it in Japanese Anime entitled ‘The Girl Who Leapt Through Time’. The protagonist asked the other person about time travel, and she answered that “I slept in Sunday morning and woke up at night. Oh, I leapt through time”.

Well, that is another form of time travel but can be argued. Some call it as hibernation.

As in Islamic reference, you can study about the story of Ashabul Kahfi and about Uzair. While there was a claim that Uzair has been dead for 100 years then has raised to live again. He was 100 years apart from which he supposed to experience. And for Ashabul Kahfi; in The Quran surah Al-Kahfi has briefly explain about their story.

So they stayed in their Cave three hundred years, and (some) add nine (more). (Surah Al-Kahf, Qur’an; 25)

So there they were. Not tasting the 300 or 309 years in between directly after they started sleep in the cave and after they woke up. Let’s imagine, if you were given this remarkable opportunity. You sleep this night at 11.30 pm 21st January 2010 A.D. and suddenly you wake up at 6.00 a.m. 22nd January 2319 A.D. What are you going to do? With the advancement of technology which 309 years apart from the present, I couldn’t tell what awaits you there in the future. Okay, another example case. If you have a beloved relative who involved in an accident which cost his/her live. In your hand have the power to travel through time in the past. Here in the present term you wanted to go to the past to avoid the accident from happening, will you do it? Well, at the mean time you just can imagine about that. Sorry to say, if this theory brought along with religion philosophy it will end up with another term “Fate”.

I just bring this theory so you will try to feel the time travel possibility. Only then the theory can be discussed about the influences and consequences. Not to forget about limitation and the real possibilities. I think that’s it for the first part from my view of time travel theory. I will continue it later. I hope it is not in 2319 A.D.


FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE. HATE... LEADS TO SUFFERING.
- Master Yoda -

1 comment:

ASaL said...

Well, a reminder in my diary printed like this 'do something. If it doesn't work, do something else. No idea is too crazy - Jim Hightower'

Well, I always regard Ashabul Kahfi or precisely Surah Al Kahfi is frequently the source of my idea in literature. The huge concept of miraculous things (of course by common human perception) have been discuss completely in this single surah. Al Quran prove that time travel is not impossible. Most of the saint have experience this, and of course i believe that Allah can give the oppurtunity to common people too. If u sincere enough.

Yeah, true. If we have the oppurtunity, to turn back time, can we save them from the devastating accident and negligence?

Good writing material bro, out of my thinking box.