Wednesday, January 13, 2010

K.I.B.O.

This is my first nicknamed that was given to me by my senior during form 1 in KKB. Seriously, I hate majority of the senior which just one year older than me because they think that they are too much older than us. Then, each one of us were given a hideous name like penyu, because always crying, kambing, because he didn’t have his shower before Subuh and so many more. Since I didn’t make much trouble or other unwanted things, so they didn’t have any points to give my nickname. Then they just call me Kibo instead.

Unfortunately, my others friends thought KIBO are one of the bad terms. They ask me what the meaning of Kibo. I’ve only replied that I didn’t know. Only things that I think of this name maybe because I’m fat and the sound of Kibo are suited with a fat person. But still they think about more hideous thing that exists in this world to that term. Since then, so much I hate the thing that they try to relate and same goes to Kibo. I feel uneasy if I’ve been called with that nickname but what can I do? As long as I studied there for three years, that was my name.

Entering form 4, I’ve tried distinguished this term from my life since I’m then in a new environment. I introduced myself as Adli, “My name is Adli, nice to meet you” just like that. But everything is not on my side. Other friends from Kkb that also entered the same school told everyone my nickname. Again, everyone called me with that name and I can do nothing. One thing that only makes me relieved a bit was they didn’t ask me what is the meaning of Kibo. They just called me without relating the term to others. So I’m not aggrieved or hate so much but I’m feeling a bit sad because no one called me with my real name.

Later, I’m entering University for diploma studies. Here, I’m in totally new environment. Just one or two friends from same school entering the same campus. Happier thing is the other one entered different courses. I have so much confident in throw out that nicks from myself. Since then, I was known as Adli and no more Kibo. The name that was proposed by my brother than my father agrees to use the name. Adli in Arabic and as the first look, you can tell that is justice. Other meaning that can be brought by the name is honesty.


ISS JAXA JEM module

Well as I’m growing up and maturing inside and in the same time my enthusiasm in Japanese language increased I’ve tried to search for Kibo. Surprisingly, true meaning of Kibo translated from Japanese language is HOPE. Yes, you can try to google it and probably will find the same meaning. In fact, a Japanese Experiment Module for International Space Station was named after Kibo. Other name that uses Kibo is one of the volcanic cones on the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. Actually Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania is the highest peak in Africa Continent. In fact the highest area was named as Kibo.

Kibo Summit Of Kilimanjaro

Mount Kilimanjaro - with Landsat Overlay. Heights two times exaggerated

As I wanted to arrange it with that deep meaning even the place of Japan and Tanzania is thousands miles apart, it might scared me. “Hope that as high as the mountain”. Since I first thought this meaning in Malay, I can say that it might possible to become ‘Harapan Yang Menggunung Tinggi’ or as simple as “Harapan Menggunung”. Wow, that might be too much but is it a destiny? Well of course I’m afraid. How can I be a hope? Ridiculous. This is only a conspiracy theory from my own mind. Yeah, you can try to search for your ridiculous nickname before and it might surprise you too.

FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE. HATE... LEADS TO SUFFERING.
- Master Yoda -

2 comments:

ASaL said...

This is the syndrom that what they called, 'we always afraid for the thing that we don't know." But the most sickening is, we don't really even try to know, because we afraid that things will turn bad, because it sound bad for example KIBO.
But now you know, doesn't it sound great?
Your name, and your called name, the meaning in Malay,
Harapan Keadilan.
Wow.
That's sound, ermm, promising!
You have been prayed by a good name all this while. That's, miracle.

Aderi Aryasu said...

wa... it might be interesting.. but it's only a conspiracy theory.. he3