Tuesday, March 20, 2012

4 Years Ago


A piece of memory for me with my late Sister.

Can you remember what were you doing on this exact date, 20th March on prevous years? If you asked me, I will answer "No, not at all". But, I do remember what happen on this date but only on the year of 2008, four years ago.

It was Thursday, and that day was national holiday. So for common student will take the opportunity to rest or doing some chores or even revise their studies. But some of my friends cleaning up our house and surroundings. While I'm about to take my bath in the morning, my phone ringing at the hall. Then, my friend shouted to me to notify me that someone is calling me.

It was my sister, just right above me in birth order. She told me something that shock me entirely. My another sister already passed away this morning. Stun and disbelief but I have to accept the news. The plan was my sister will take me at my house and I have to pack and get ready. Then I continue my bath and pack up necessary things.

In sadness, I waited outside as I also told my friend that I have to go back. My friend immediately raise my concern about PPP that will be held on that weekend, a modul which is compulsory for every student. Recently since the attendance and support from student decrease, the campus implement very strict rules which the absent from the modul can be charged in the campus court. Even with very reasonable reason, the student can be forced to take the same modul in the next semester. In my case, as a final semester student, there was a possibility that I have to extend my studies just to attend that modul.

I don't care, today is just Thursday, and the modul will be held on Saturday and Sunday. If the campus administration cannot consider my case, I don't care. I have to go back for sure.

Still I waited outside our house but my sister still did not arrive. I believe my sister will be even sadder as her sole female siblings already passed away. She is now the only sister in our family. I believe, she can't drive even our house just less than 1 KM apart. I asked my friend to send me to my sister's house. He agreed, his name is Sheikh Mazli. I remember him. Thank you very much bro.

As I arrived at my sister's house, I can see my prediction was right. My sister is still in tears and it was a correct decision for me to come to her house. After that, we got to travel more than 3 hours to reach Meru in Klang. Along the journey, we sit silent and I was driving. Still my sister beside me, fall in tears. I got to control my emotion, I have to drive to reach to the destination.

As we reach Kuala Lumpur, my brother called us and asked us our position. And we are 1 hour away from destination. My brother called because our sister body preparation was almost complete. If we late, we are not be able to watch her face for the last time. So I increase my speed, the time is running out.

And when we got even closer to Meru, my brother already called us several time as probably to delay the preparation as to give us some time. Finally we reach at our elder sister house. So many cars parked outside our sister house. But nevertheless, we reach our destination. As we enter the house, we were given easy way to enter. At least, me and my sister able to see, her face for the last time.

My sister's body already completed in her preparation just only face were left open and anytime will be closed with that white cloth, kain kapan. My sister then kissed the face of my elder sister. Then it was my turn, I kissed her forehead and cheek as our farewell from this world. 10 months before that day, her son, my BFF Shafik passed away and that day it was her turn. After that, her face were closed and we pray for her in Solat Jenazah.

Then all of us proceed to the grave. Her grave was almost near to her son, Shafik's grave. Everything done and her burial does not bring any problem. Alhamdulillah.

She was our sister for me she was quite happening. She was the one who frequently bring laughter to our house. She, again who bring the liveness to our family and on that day, she was gone. And from that day, our life is never same again.

At that time, we just finished our country general election in 2008. Less than fortnight I remember. I already mentioned that day was a national holiday right. It was Maulidur Rasul 12th Rabiul Awal 1429 Hijri. Once a while, every Maulidur Rasul celebration each year after that, my mother will remember this event. She will mentioned that on this day, our sister passed away.

If you willing, please give Al-Fatihah to my beloved sister Asiah. InsyaAllah.

Al-Fatihah.



Later, my another sister give me permission to drive her car to go back to my campus. She stay in Meru as she has some errands need to be done in Shah Alam. On my way back, that was the time I fall in tears all the way in the journey. That was the time I release all my sadness in my sister's car. Even until I reach at my house.

Meru, once was the best place for me to passing by. I would not give up any opportunity to go there. But, everything has change. Not anymore.

That's all for now.



"DAVID BECKHAM IS BRITAIN'S FINEST STRIKER OF A FOOTBALL NOT BECAUSE OF GOD-GIVEN TALENT BUT BECAUSE HE PRACTISES WITH A RELENTLESS APPLICATION THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF LESS GIFTED WOULDN'T CONTEMPLATE" – Sir Alex Ferguson –

No comments: