Tuesday, March 13, 2012

8 Years Ago



8 Years ago, exactly on March 13th 2004 at 3.40 p.m. my father breathe his last breath.

Al-Fatihah.

My father.
July 28th 1932 - March 13th 2004

We miss you father and actually I need you.

My Memory:


I still remember at that time, I was a volunteer as a part of zonal schools sport organizer as our school being as the host for our zone 4 region. It started on Friday, 12th March 2004 and the annual sport event were held very lively. I got the opportunity to met my friends from my previous school at Kuala Kubu Bharu. It was a sweet memory actually. They arrived in the evening and we talk so much as we already over 1 year apart.


Then, during the opening ceremony on Friday night, I was not involved and I have a chit chat with my KKB friend. At the most unlikely circumstance, my normal friend (which means we are not too close), Saiful Idlan, but we know each other, sit next to me and we have some conversation. After we exchange few sentences between us, and again, at the most unlikely event, he asked me "How is your father?". Awkward and weird at first, but I just replied "Alhamdulillah, he is healthy as an old man, you know". But actually I don't have any idea what is actually happening on that night to my father. It is weird because how come suddenly a 1 year apart normal friend could ask that question. Even my closer friends didn't asked me the same question.


Based on my sister's story about what happening on that same night, it was so sad actually. I don't know how to describe it because I was not experiencing that situation. On the next day, 13th March 2004, my task was to handle a sport event which is table tennis. But I don't really have a passion on this sport. So immediately after I set up all the equipment then I rushed to the field to watch tug of war (tarik tali). There my former school is competing. I support them with whole my heart and we laugh together as former friends.


Well, the happening was short lived. My current school (SAMBEST) friend at that time, Abu Ubaidah, was looking for me everywhere. It was difficult as I was not at my actual station. I suppose to wait for the table tennis sport to finish. But I don't think they require my service during the competition so I took the opportunity to watch tug of war. After all, Abu found me. He later asked me to go the school office as my brother called me. While I'm still in happy mood, I smiled and hilariously asked "Why, is there any serious thing happened? Your face looks like someone is dead". And then, Abu immediately stun and replied "Yes Adli, it is serious. Go to the office, and fast". Smile on my face disappeared immediately. My heart beats very fast as I never experienced it before.


So I rushed to the office and I asked the teacher, unfortunately I cannot remember who was the teacher. I believe she was my Add Math teacher. I asked her, why? Then she looks reluctant to say anything and just asked me to go and call my home phone immediately. So then I rushed to the public phone, next to the school shop. But unfortunately, I don't have any change. I bought a soda can to get some change and I give the soda can to my friend as I don't want it at all. 


Then I called my home telephone, I believe that my mother who answered my phone call. She asked me to go back home, my father fell sick. I was stunned. Then I rushed to my dorm and get some bath to clean myself. I told my friend that I have to withdraw from being a volunteer right now. Then I took a normal mode of transportation to head back home.


During the journey back, I keep faith that after all, my father will be okay. So it lessen my burden in my heart. The journey took 2 hours time and I still can remember there are so many people at Datuk Keramat Hall, next to Jelatek LRT Station. It is because that day was the nomination day for General Election 2004. When I reached at my house, it looks gloomy. My mom were very sad. She told me that my father already in hospital and she asked me to go. I was quite blur at that time. How will I go to the hospital? No one is here. Is anyone going to fetch me? That are the questions playing in my mind. So I took sometime and say hi to my cat. And I just watch Faiz, a 6 year old kid at that time, playing in front of our house. Suddenly I heard from my back, "Adli, why you are not going already?" my mom asked me. Then I blurred, I asked my mom how can I go the hospital? Is there anyone will come back in the afternoon and fetch me? My mom asked me "Go to the hospital fast as you don't know how long your father will survive". Again, I was stunned. This is serious.


So, never looking back, I rushed to the main street and took a cab. I want to go there fast, I said to the driver. So we took a new highway, AKLEH. As you know, the hospital is too big and I don't know where is my father being treated. So I choose to stop at the emergency unit. I stand there and look around. I don't know where to go plus we don't have any cell phones at that time. Maybe I got to call my sister or my brother via public phone to locate my father. While I'm just about to take my 1st step, I saw my cousin (more like aunt in term of age difference because I am the youngest grandchildren in my family from my father root). She asked me "Do you want to go to the toilet?". Again, I was blur. "No, I just arrived" I replied. She signal me to follow her fast. 


So there, the ICU. The most feared word in my life is in front of me right now. I enter it and I saw my cousins (my father nieces and nephews) waiting outside of the ICU. Then my steps continue as my cousin brought me to the partitioned space. As I enter inside the curtain, I saw my father, lying on the bed. I was like, being strike by lightning. I stand rigid at where first I saw my father. Then my sister hugged me and my tears fall.


Everyone recite ~Yaasin~ and I follow their Yaasin's recitation in very painful tone. As I took my father hand to apologize for all my sins and mistakes to him, I saw a small tears fall from my father left eye. I still can picture it in my mind right now. After I cool down a bit, I look around and the doctor seems try to give best treatment to my father. The vision gives me some hope that my father can be cured. 


I go out for a while to buy some bread, accompanied with my late BFF, Shafik. Then my aunt saw me at the shop and said that my father is being transferred to upper ward. First thing come into my mind "Woa, is it a good news. My father can be cure. I think this is normal shock only". So I follow my aunt to the upper floor. There, my father were being set up by the doctor and nurses on the bed. Unfortunately, there was a crazy patient lying next to my father bed. Never mind him.


We didn't disturb the doctor and nurses setting up our father with all the medical machines. So I took the opportunity to sit next to my brother (Alang), and I asked him "Father can be healed, right?". Without looking at me, Alang said "No, no hope". "What?" I was shocked in my mind. At that time, I have to accept the fact. The time is coming. My father was in dying moment. I cannot imagine how was that moment. The doctor was about to switch off the machine. Then Alang recite Syahadah at my father ears. Then Alang falls in tears heavily. Followed by the rest of us. But, I don't know. Not for me. When Alang said to me earlier that father can't be healed, I cried already. At that time, the moment the doctor switch off the machine, I accept it already, my father already passed away.


3.40 p.m. that time. Then my father body were transferred to the morgue. We wait for the paperwork being done by the doctor and officials. At 6.00 p.m., we already going back home. And we have to walk a bit to our parking lot. Then, rain is falling when we were walking. My brother, Andak said, "Look, it's raining". I asked "Why is that?". Then Andak replied "When good and kind people dies, rain will fall. The world also crying with the death of our father". Then I understand.


Al-Fatihah.





"DAVID BECKHAM IS BRITAIN'S FINEST STRIKER OF A FOOTBALL NOT BECAUSE OF GOD-GIVEN TALENT BUT BECAUSE HE PRACTISES WITH A RELENTLESS APPLICATION THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF LESS GIFTED WOULDN'T CONTEMPLATE" – Sir Alex Ferguson –

4 comments:

Nur said...

Innalillah,

Al-Fatihah.

I'm pretty sure that you Dad is watching u right now. InsyaAllah.

Aderi Aryasu said...

Thanx sis.

Really? :)

Amin, InsyaAllah.

ASaL said...

this will be the anecdot that we will remember him forever and as you have published it online, it will bear witness for the day.

thank you bro for this story. i lost track of dates and events, because it is too painful to bear.

but now i have the conviction, why we are human, because we have memories and we live with that memories.

after years passed by, we will weep. and weep heavily.

He is our household, why we can't in remembering him?

Allahumma solli ala Muhammad, wa ala ali Muhammad.

Aderi Aryasu said...

Yes, if I think it back properly, I would see the sequence of event clearly. I don't know why.

welcome sis. don't worry. everything should be fine.

Allahumma solli 'ala Muhammad. Wa 'ala ali Muhammad.