Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Segregation of Human 1




I always think about this. Where there is segregation between overachieving and underachieving peoples. Whereby since at the primary school the genius or wise pupils will be able to sit in the top class in their school. Meanwhile for the weak, they will sit at the bottom of the class rank. Once I thought that is unfair. The underachieving people should be exposed to the brilliant pupils so that they can climb up a little bit from their level.

Gladly, our new headmistress appointed new mechanism in locating the students. Generally there are three standards of groups. Let say the classes divided to K, E, R, A, M, and T. It is actually an A at the middle between M and T but since there is already an A between R and M so the other A has been abandoned. These classes have been divided into K and E being the first class. R, A and M included into the second class. The T class was the one and only being the third class in our school.

As can you see class T become the last in the ranking system. Maybe the teachers thought to give extensive teaching on them. Obviously their attitude and character cannot be tolerable especially from me. I admit that I try my best to not follow them in every aspect. I pray for that actually so that I probably can be as good person as I can. They always skipped classes, take for granted at the education, and doesn’t appreciate the opportunity that they got at that time. They also breaking rules, bullying other pupil and so many things that these type of pupils do.

So the effect was I’m not befriended with most of them. Getting back to the mechanism that I’ve said, it mixes several people accordingly to classes or standards that have been created. I couldn’t see the effect but it seems in our batch it is only five students got straight A’s in their UPSR. It is so small in numbers but only the teachers know why the outcome being like that. Why should I know? We are only at 12 of age during that time.

Later part in my life, I went to the secondary school I see they adopted normal leveling of the class. From 1 through 6 classes it is normally distributed accordingly with the students’ achievement. Number 1 class for overachieving students and so on. But it means that the contest is open. Even a student in last class during form 1 can get into number 1 class in form 3. I admit that I went into second last class during form 1, third class in form 2 and finally first class in form 3. Alhamdulillah, the future is bright if one of you entered that class. With classmates that open for a fight in examination result you won’t even to think to being left behind all of them. The contest is very tight and the opportunity to score in PMR is also bright.

Later in my second secondary school is where the ‘cream of the crop’ students are placed. Here? That was so crazy. The contest was ‘super tight’ and I won’t be able to become a dominant force in the race. I just sat at the middle of the students. Honestly I don’t want to be mixed with the first class. I’m afraid that I will be left behind too far. So there was me, a middle student with middle achievement. (In fact it can be considered as bad in that school).

Do I regret and mad because of this separation of students according to classes? No. For me, those best students have their right to sit in that class. To fight among themselves without the disturbance from students like me. (I always see that I’m being a disturbance or distraction for them –best students- during their study in prep). For me, I deserved that place (3rd or middle class) and fight among us fairly. So no one will feel being left too far at the back.

So, “hey Adli, what is the issue you want to bring here?” my mind asks the fingers that typing on the keyboard. Here the answers from second thought “Okay, we stop here and we will continue at the second part of this mind thinking of Adli”.


THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT IS IN ONE WAY MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE STRUGGLE TO VANQUISH HITLER, FOR THIS TIME THE WAR IS WITH OURSELVES. WE ARE THE ENEMY, JUST AS WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES AS ALLIES -Al Gore-

No comments: