Monday, March 15, 2010

Ready to be Civilized Again?


I steal some time to write this. I really excited about it actually. Well of course, what else can excite me, right my friends? Okay, today I want to write about a game series of Civilization. I believe I wrote so many about it or at least there was an article about Civilization before if I’m not mistaken. Here, I found it.

I was introduced with this game from Taufiq Jailani or well known as Iqi among us. He told me about this game and all the aspects related. At that time, I’m just a plain game player and just playing all type of games. It is hard to believe I like this game so much even it is turn based game that I’ve ever played. The game was Civilization 3 with some other expansion packs. Amazingly, they included Arabian Empire and put Abu Bakr as the leader. I will go easily excited if any game put some Islamic element or any Malay element if they did it (such as city of Malacca in Civilization 4).

Why I like this game? I really like history. So do him, Iqi. He once presented the concept of Civilization III to my history teacher. And surprisingly, my teacher also like it but of course she is a woman and not really into games. Iqi bravely explained about the game because it is not only for fun. Civilization also includes so many information of things, peoples, technology in its archives which is known as Civilopedia.

I always thought and imagine, what if Arabian empire can stretch towards France, not stopped in Spain? I always thought what happen if Islam can reach towards Italy and Germany through the island of Sicily? What if Islamic empire can still be controlled under one rule and being united without separation of countries?

Here you go, I did it all in Civilization particularly in Civilization 4. There was religion element in it. After I conquered one city I will immediately send Islamic missionaries into that particular city. Islamic Nur shines in Moscow, London and also Kyoto in my game.

Unfortunately, it is only a game, right?

Well, this year, year 2010 I will wait for it again. I will try it again even it is only a programming which being done by non-Muslim. Civilization V is coming soon in the end of 2010.
Are you ready to be civilized again?




But, they dropped the Religion element in Civilization V. Never mind.


THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT IS IN ONE WAY MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE STRUGGLE TO VANQUISH HITLER, FOR THIS TIME THE WAR IS WITH OURSELVES. WE ARE THE ENEMY, JUST AS WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES AS ALLIES -Al Gore-

No comments: