Saturday, March 13, 2010

Segregation of Human 2





Continued from the first part, this issue was triggered during my lectures. It’s only in my mind maybe because I’m the one that can be the real example from my lecturer ‘ceramah 5 minit’. He said about being riak or sombong. One of the factors is being too successful in education. For example the Professors might think he is greater than Associate Professors. While Associate Professors might feel they are better than ordinary lecturers like him, the lecturer of us. Further he gives another example that excellent student might not want to mix with other students.

Step back a little; I once express the need of separation of student according to their achievement. “I think this is important because the institution can make them more excellent without any other distraction”. This thought came up years earlier because the top student will be able to fight fairly. Usually they won’t cheat (using toyol) in tests and examinations, they did not copy their assignment from others and they did not skipped their classes like others did.

But the other friend replied “So you want leave the others? How about them? They also need a friend that can bring them to a success. You can leave them alone.” Do you think he was right? Well, I already observed for several semesters and what do you think for my opinion.
“Go to hell. I don’t care. Look at you dear friend. You are near to become useless in our community. You don’t even have the right to be here. You cheat, you did not attend classes yet you ask other to sign your attendance, you just copy the assignment and tell me why you should have the right to be here. Hey! There are a lot of students outside which willingly to do best than you in here. Shame on you. Shame on us, the Malays. No wonder the others look down on us.” Well of course these words don’t come out from my mouth. It’s only in my thought. How can I hurt my friend like that? My only hope that I can bring them along and leave the darkness forever.

The above paragraph doesn’t mean that I am good. Just human is relative. Let say if you have two people. One of them does not smoke and the other is smoking. Which one you will say the better? Obviously the non smoking one is better, right?
But still there are average students that have the potential to be better. I think the best students are willing to guide them in every aspect and did not want them to fail. Obviously, the attitude must be corrected first.

Back to the lecture that I had earlier, unfortunately the content in the ‘ceramah 5 minit’ turns back on my opinion. Somewhat, my lecturer is right. But that is only applicable in several circumstances. I think, good student does not intentionally to isolate themselves from the others. They have to do their best to excel. They did not doing any ordinary students does. They studied, they researched, they meet lecturers, they stayed in library and study room, they always several steps forwards than others and these actions somewhat resulting in they to be isolated from others.

So what is the reality now? Good students left out the others OR good students being left out by the others?


THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT IS IN ONE WAY MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE STRUGGLE TO VANQUISH HITLER, FOR THIS TIME THE WAR IS WITH OURSELVES. WE ARE THE ENEMY, JUST AS WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES AS ALLIES -Al Gore-

No comments: