Sunday, April 11, 2010

By Surprise



Alhamdulillah Rabbil ‘Alamin. Well, it is not a full victory yet, but just one step ahead. What is it? It is just an offer for attending an exam. What exam? I have to keep it secret. But it is somewhat a big examination for me. Biggest than anything that I can imagine. From my perspective, it is big as SPM but only it is upgraded level. It meant that, I can’t be a kid anymore. Can’t be a teenager anymore. I must become a grown man.

Well, maybe I’m overexcited. It is because I don’t expect to get this great call. There are several factors. More likely in technical area, in filling the form of course. The requirement said that we must finish our studies before September 2010, but however as honest as I can fill the form, I wrote that I will graduate in November 2010. It is 2 months late. Furthermore, in filling the table of past studies, I have some complication to do so. Because I have two schools for my secondary school. It is weird to fill those two schools in one row of the table. Plus that I must state some explanations what I’m going to do and what have I done before. With just one night to figure out about it, I think whoa, impossible I will get this call with such rush efforts.

Why is this becoming an issue? Because in the guidelines given they said that it is the one that fill the form completely that will be called for examination. And FYI, they have very strict regulation on filling the form. I become confuse in doing so but I still fill it anyway. Well of course, it is not wrong for trying. What criteria that I know as disqualification criteria? Here some of it, I copied from the guideline.

* LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, NO MATTER WHAT REASONS ARE GIVEN.

* DO NOT submit documents other than mentioned.

* Application with any blank column will be disqualified, no matter what reasons are given.

* Applicant who submits photocopy of transcript without certification by issuing authority, as well as photocopy of transcript without grading information will be disqualified.

* ONLY ONE (1) application per individual, double submission will be disqualified.

* Applicant who has already enrolled in a ######## university is not eligible to apply.

and several others basic qualification criteria such as cgpa at least 3.20, same academic background, language proficiency, study area and does not attend their university before.

With these, which mean anyone can apply and anyone who passes all basic requirement obviously will be called to the examination. So why I’m so excited? I don’t know. But later one of my friend Miss M tells me that they just call us, they doesn’t look at the cgpa yet, your theme yet, and what have you done before yet. If you qualified, they just call you for the exam. Later I’m feeling such a fool because being excited from nowhere. LOL.

However, everything is different from each person’s perspective, right? I’m honored to get this. Only thing is, I must not become satisfied. I must strive harder. This is one level higher. Not like now. Far ahead in the future. Actually, I getting nervous just thinking about this. Thinking whether I’m ready or not. It is a big decision to make. To attend it or not. Well, I still got some time to think about it. May 9th is the date.

Let say there will be thousands of people attending this exam, there might be 50 people will be called for interview, and later 10 will be selected. Can I being filtered to pass this 63 µm sieve? (Just a figure of speech). Well, I must believe; I must strive and try before giving up. Efforts from me and Tawakkal to Allah.

But, I’m badly needed some time to figure out about this.


THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT IS IN ONE WAY MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE STRUGGLE TO VANQUISH HITLER, FOR THIS TIME THE WAR IS WITH OURSELVES. WE ARE THE ENEMY, JUST AS WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES AS ALLIES -Al Gore-

2 comments:

Nur said...

You, adli, will rise above all level, above the bars that have been set by humans, trust me, I know it.

You are definitely stronger than me, that's why Allah put you in the worst human situation possible, so goes to your sister too. Both of you, have been tested in a way that I could never imagine happen to me, and yet both of you still maintain your dignity and sanity.

I envy you guys, I envy that both of you are far loved by the alMighty.

Please pray that I will be the one too, and all the best for the exam! Trust Him, and Him alone, and shall we say that your efforts to not cheat in any exams will be rewarded soon? InsyaAllah, I pray for u, and ur sis too..:)

Aderi Aryasu said...

*Smile*
Actually I don't know what makes you really believe in me. I think people surrounds me think of me as nobody. But it is so different to you, and I don't know why. But it maybe my thought only. With my low self esteem, that might be the factor of that thinking. But Thank You Very Much for your belief on me.

Well, if you said so, I must have thinking there will be somebody tasted worst experiences than me. Allah already made each person's 'stories'. So, don't worry about our 'movie'. Only thing is, we don't know what kind of ending in our 'movie'. So let's try to create the best one, shall we?

Reading your last sentence, like there is a shine from this screen. I don't know why. But it makes me smile again, twice now. I hope so, but the rewards will be not our main concern. The efforts is the rewards actually. Thank you for praying for us. And of course we always remember you in our du'a.

Thanks for praying for me in this because this is my ambition, aspiration, dream, desire and others that bring the same meanings. Only Allah knows how hopeful I'm right now. Thank you again.