Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The T 2

Cheating is everywhere, even in football. He3.


Okay, I’m a bit calmer now. So I want to settle the unfinished business here. I’m just writing about this, but yesterday one event happened. My lecturer gives us back the test papers. But before she did it, she calls upon someone to come before her. Let say his name is P. So she said “Did you do this on your own?”. Later P mumbling (in his Ganu accent) something of course to hide what he did in the test weeks ago. She asked again “It seems odd for your answer. You are only one answer as weird as this. Are you copied from other?”. He keep quiet for a while and later admit it “Yes, I did. So let’s assume this answer is wrong (in his strong accent of course)”. Wow, even a student can suggest the outcome. After he busted that he cheated, so he easily wanted the lecturer to assume that just a wrong answer. So the lecturer asked again “From whom you copied this?”. P answered “Sorry Cik, he is a kind man so I don’t want to name him and bla bla bla (mumbling some more in his strong accent)”. Maybe she fed up with him and does not understand what he said she just said “Enough, go back to your place. I don’t understand what you are saying even a word”. This event later was followed by a laughing from all the class members.

And at that time, I thought what is this? An event of cheating in test was celebrated with laughing and no proper punishments were done. Well, I’m not concerned with that. Because I don’t know how much P gets for his test. If I know it and it is better than me for sure I will not satisfied.


Yeah, that is the issue. I don’t go mad if I don’t know how much they get and if I’m better than them. Seems like double standard but that is the only thing can happen to me. Let say I got highest mark or at least higher than for those who are using T, I don’t think I’m angry on them. Sometime I feel pity. But otherwise happen where they got higher marks than me. But for sure that event happen when I’m not properly prepared for my test or exam.

I don’t ever have the courage to warning or admonish my friends about this. If they know I’m saying this and I believe some of them will read this they might think “Come on man, you not that pious or honest to warning us. Do you think that you’re the most kind and honest person?”. Hurm, I admit I’m not so honest that I can warning and scold the others. But what can you do if someone asked you in the hall? I have to answer a bit. And sometime I’ve forgotten I’ve accidentally asked others. This will not happen if he not started this. I’m just an ordinary human being and you might want to use this excuse also. But sometimes seeing them using T too much, it is unfair.

Well, I’m bit afraid to write about this actually. Because I have a risk to get busted or become something worst that I have written whether in the blog or just on papers even years before. Allahumma inni a’uzubika min zalik. So I hope my philosophy will remain strong and I don’t even try to cheat anymore. Even for a bit. InsyaAllah.


Even too much disappointment that I’ve to face, this post has increased my faith back. Even though I don’t see the reward yet, but why I have to see the reward first. Sincerity is the most important.

p/s: I hope no one will ask me again in the hall, so I won’t ask him/her again.


THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT IS IN ONE WAY MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE STRUGGLE TO VANQUISH HITLER, FOR THIS TIME THE WAR IS WITH OURSELVES. WE ARE THE ENEMY, JUST AS WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES AS ALLIES -Al Gore-

2 comments:

Nur said...

The post written by Adli brings back so many things. I never cheat in my entire academic life except on one occasion - an attempt to do it but fail to deliver it. - that's why I hate cheaters more than anything. Why I never cheat before? It never occurs to me to cheat, I have enough pride to not to do it, and alhamdulillah, I never have a friend that cheats in his/her academic life too. Well, surrounding does play a tremendous role in shaping one's life, aii? But I believe, it's Allah's trial for those who are honest but perhaps have been succumbed into this kind of environment. Be strong Adli.

Owh, the occasion where I attempted mightily to cheat? During my qualifying exams to fly - a paper called CS ( I can't remember what's the full name) which was about management was the most hated paper, as I have to remember many, many, many theories. Thus, given the hatred and laziness to use God-given brains and willpower, I wrote the theories at the back of my calculator. And you guys know what had happened in the exam room? The invigilator a.k.a the teacher stood beside me all the time. And I got C. The only C I've ever got in the major exams. I was abashed, but grateful that I did not cheat, otherwise I may get caught and flunk, or fates will punish me later. This is what I believe.

What goes around, comes around, and I have lived long enough to attest its truth.

Aderi Aryasu said...

wow, you include this comment in your post. thanx for giving opinion from your point of view.

well, that you're lucky when Allah save you from cheating then. however, if i want to spread the issue, it migh be critical. Like us as a student who are heavily trying to obtain leaked questions. for me that is a minor cheat because the question will not be leaked unless the question maker tells to the student.

it nice knowing others experience. thanks for sharing.