Friday, September 16, 2011

I Finished It For You, Shafiq




How to begin? In short, I finished ‘Bully: Scholarship Edition’ few days ago. Honestly, Bully is just for me to swallow the disappointment with inability to finish of ‘L.A. Noire’, both games were published by Rockstar. Infamous publisher with video game titles such as Grand Theft Auto Series and Manhunt. However, Bully is far from on par with L.A. Noire in whatsoever aspects. So it just an escapism video game for me. I really frustrated after L.A. Noire stucked/freezes at 2nd disc.

Back to Bully, I believe it is not a worthy game for a console like XBOX 360. Actually Bully was made during the Playstation 2 era, which is not a surprise to see such low quality performance on 360. Nevertheless it is ‘OK’ level for me. Since the standards are already too high during these days, so I shouldn’t expect too much for Bully at the first place.  The game style is just like Grand Theft Auto (GTA) but only with school surroundings and environment.

And for Shafiq, I still remember during your last sleepover at our house, your grandmother’s house you were playing Bully on Playstation 2. And I watched you played the game, at least half the way. Normally, I’m the one who played games and you became the spectator and accompanier for me. But I don’t know why, I just let you play and I’m the one who watched you play the Bully game. But since the time is short, you are not able to completely finish the game. I know, you cannot make it with just only a week to play and with plenty of other games you want to play.

Well Shafiq, I finished it already. Just few days earlier. After the final mission, the last cut scene and when the credit started to scroll up, immediately I remind of you. Deep in my heart, I whispered “I finished it for you Shafiq”.

Al-Fatihah.


"229. IF A BUILDER BUILDS A HOUSE FOR SOMEONE, AND DOES NOT CONSTRUCT IT PROPERLY, AND THE HOUSE WHICH HE BUILT FALLS IN AND KILLS IT OWNER, THEN THE BUILDER SHALL BE PUT TO DEATH" – Hammurabi's Code Of Laws –

No comments: