Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Civil Engineering Gossips




1: Pylon’s Pile


Pile, as we know it is responsible for transmitting load of the structure to the harder stratum in the ground. It is applied for the definition of foundation. It goes the same with pile whatever the types are. So there will always the impression like you are holding something to support it. However, there is a bit different with pylon. It is the supporting structure to hold the cable of the electricity service. I heard that the pile for the pylon structure acting not like other pile. Instead of following the low of the gravity, it acts in reverse condition. It holds the pylon from come out from the ground. It is quite amazing for me. However I have to study about it 1st before I have to confirm about this fact.


2: Choosing The Work Area


We are almost at the end of our study. Some of us are busy to find for a job so they can work immediately after their study finished. So there is several type of work that we can get involve after this. There are two most popular things lingering in our mind. First as the contractor and second as the consultant. Contractor is famous with long working hours, flexible working environment, challenging situation and tough condition. Consultant is famous with fixed working hour, strict working environment, same work being done again and again and comfortable environment in office. Apart from this characteristic I have always thinking about what is the best option for me to venture in. During my industrial training, my colleagues advised me to work at site first for several years before entering the consultant firm. However my friends who undergo their industrial training in consultant were advised to work in consultant firm first. This is because after several years working at site, most of the consultant firm will reluctant to take that person into their company. But today, from Ir. Abdul Halim I found that he suggested us to try to work at site before maintaining in consultant. This is because it is easy to work at site when we are not married and single. Grab many experiences first and later on try to join consultant firm to stay at one place. I opt to choose Ir. Abdul Halim suggestion.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: