Monday, September 13, 2010

Turn

Civilization V will be out in the market on September 24th 2010.








Turn, is a significant element in this life. Maybe we do not realize it however life is about making a turn. Not a u-turn, but however sometimes u-turn might be necessary. And usually some elements cannot be u-turned because this is life. The earth still rotates from west to east and never change unless the Qiamat has already started. But for now, for us, it is going forward.

I really like to take an analogy here, again from a video game called Civilization. Just like in chess, Civilization is played in term of turns. We made our step and then we waits for other opponent(s) to take theirs. Usually I played it as honest as I can. That means I only saved the game if I have to stop and wish to continue with it later. If I win, that is the best thing out of me, and if I lose, it means that I'm really losing.

However, recently i've tried to play the highest difficulty of the game. With that honest style of playing, I will never have a total victory for that difficulty. Now I realize that the save option is not just for me to go out or to continue it later, it is also a tool to play safe. I saved a game before I started to attack a city. Let say the outcome is bad (i.e. my army died), I can reload that game and change my decisions. Wow, it is really helpful for me.

However, that things does not happen in our real life. If we have done 1 things, it will be recorded in God hard drive. Plus, the memories of people will be affected too. Our good deeds and any bad acts still there. We cannot reload it and undo our mistakes.

And to make a wrong turn, it is too hard for me to accept it even until now. It disturbed much portion of me. To take an emotional fall and losing of pride, wow, it is a real burden. I don't know how to face the world again. I got several days left now, to reconstruct my pride and at least another 3 months to go through it. To go through the life after I've made a wrong turn. I don't know what to do. Needing someone to help me to advise me. However, life, as we called it will not always lifting our hands and helping us to walk again. Sometimes we have to stand up alone, and walk bit by bit to go through the hurdles. Some people say, "You, as a man shouldn't have to be like this. You have to take the risk and that is called as life". Yes, I do noticed that. But this 'man' thing, I have never experienced it before.

Hurm, first thing first, I'm thinking that I have wrongly evaluated all the information that I've got. Thus, that makes me made that wrong turn. And sometimes near in the future, few days, I have to take a risk again. If it is positive, I might be happy. And if it turns out as negative, well, it doubles my sorrow.

However, mistakes taught us a priceless knowledge in the future. Especially in term of psychology. Psychology, for not a medical student like me, is a very subjective subject. Different people, different hearts, different minds, different thoughts, different spirits, different targets, different receptions and so many other differences. Well, for me, I have to record it. Never wanted to taste it again. I have to be very smart in many aspects. Not being so bold in my apporaches. I have to change myself. Well, experiences really taught me valuable lessons. Sigh.

p/s: Handling machine is better than handling people.

Allahumma Yassir, Wa La Tu'Assir, Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.




“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

1 comment:

AIS said...

emm..ni psl mlm ry tu ke??