Sunday, May 16, 2010

Exam Day





Finally this day arrived, May 9th 2010. As usual, I couldn’t sleep if any examination going to be held for the next day. Even I’m sleeping on the best mattress in my house. I’m still struggling to sleep, however this condition helps me a lot. So I didn’t fall asleep for much longer time. I woke up at 5 past 6 in the morning. Do my prayer and pray to Allah to help me in this process.

After a fast revision on English and looking back at katakana as I think I’m capable to convert hiragana into romaji, so I think I can handle it. I prepared myself with my favorite long-sleeve shirt and started my van engine. Hope for the best in my journey. I’ve parked my van at the Jelatek station to go to Confucian Secondary School. My plan was to stop at Masjid Jamek and later I will take a walk from there. My prediction is the walk will took about 30 minutes at the least. With that I will be able to arrive at the school on time.

Well, the test already begins at the Jelatek station. I know that I rarely took public transportation nowadays since I’m not staying in Kuala Lumpur for a long time. Just missed a train and I have to wait. Usually the wait only took about 2 minutes but with the fact it was Sunday morning, the trains gap were 8 to 10 minutes in between. I still wait patiently. Hoping for 4 coaches Putra train because I like it. Well, obviously why they should provide the unnecessary when many people still sleeping, right? 8 minutes later my train arrived. I got a sit which is usually impossible. Then we go through Dato’ Keramat station and continued to Damai station.

At Damai, I’ve lost my will and determination a bit. The train stopped for unusual length of time. The door still open and I think it is almost 10 minutes the situation hangs there. Then only the announcement was heard telling us that there was a technical difficulties and must wait for further announcement. What? Is it meant that I didn’t suppose to take this exam? How can it be? Why in my opinion that the most reliable transportation mode in the city has disappointed me at the time I need them the most? But suddenly I thought of other word, it was ‘Test’. This is a test for me so I will not give up until I can’t do anything at all.

I approached the technician nearby which having some dispute, I think regarding with this problem. Later I asked how long it takes for this problem will be solved. The technician said that it is better for us to take taxi if we want to arrive faster to our destination. Decision must be made. So I decided to take a taxi and I went out from the station as fast as I can. Other problem, is there any taxi here in the Sunday morning? I still waiting and there was one but engaged. Suddenly I’ve heard the train that I’ve left earlier continue its operational again. How disappointed. I must stick with this decision and also taxi can send me much faster and at much closer to my destination.

Alhamdulillah, after 4 taxis passing by and the fifth was willing to send me to my destination. I don’t care about the fares anymore. Upon entering the taxi, the meter shows that the start value was RM 3. Never mind, I’m just pushing my journey to let it continue. Finally I’ve arrived in front of a hotel which I believed just 50 meters from my destination. However with difficulties in reading the map make me struggling to find the actual route. With the intention to enter from back entrance, I found that the route does not exist anymore. According to the guard from the hotel, I’ve to take much longer way to reach my destination. It is 8.10 a.m. and I believed I can make it on time. The remaining time was 35 minutes. Now I have to focus for not to get lost, find the correct route and I will arrive at the school.

Finally after a long walk, heavy perspire and sweats I’ve reached the school’s gate and I try to search for my friends that already await me. I think that was for distraction for me for not thinking so deep about the exam. And I believe it is true, just entering the hall and try to answer with my full effort. The exam was fine but a bit hard for Nihon-go. I couldn’t answer it though because there were so many new words for me that I never heard of before. Now I wanted to leave it to God because He is my only hope. Just wait for three weeks time from that very day.

To compare with my prediction, actually the total person who takes the examination was 172 persons. Almost 200, according to from my first prediction. There are variety people and mostly they are Chinese. Malays also come in great number; they can be seen around here. Much like 50-50 but I don’t expect that the number. Almost half of us took a 2nd paper which was for Japanese. From 172, I think approximately 10 peoples were absent. Since the specification was 35 years below, so there are lots of young people in the hall. Some of them come with their parents, girlfriend/boyfriend, friends and many more. But we are special, we came on our own and we fight for the best. Hope all of us (3 people) can go through next stage and finally reach the finale, post-graduation.


“INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT GENIUS, KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INFLEXIBILITY, A HIGH DEGREE OF SKILL WITHOUT OVERTRAINING, FEAR BUT NOT COWARDICE, BRAVERY WITHOUT FOOLHARDINESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE WITHOUT EGOTISM, PHYSICAL FITNESS WITHOUT BEING MUSCLE BOUND, PREFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATORY OVER SPECTATOR SPORTS, FRANKNESS WITHOUT BLABBER MOUTHING, ENJOYING LIFE WITHOUT EXCESS HUMOR WITH DISPROPORTION AND FAST REFLEXES OVER PANIC” – Dr Robert Voas -

4 comments:

Nur said...

SALAMS,

Exams apa kah ini?

Aderi Aryasu said...

Wsalam..

sbnrnya exam Monbukagakusho... stage 2 dlm apply scholarship... itu saja... he3

Nur said...

Wow, good luck, my prayers always be with you.

So, which one had u applied for: for research students, teacher training students, undergraduate university students, Japanese studies students, college of technology students, special training students and YLP students?

Aderi Aryasu said...

Thank you very much...

wow, you know bout it...
hurm, actually i'm trying for research students... i think so...

really wanted to study there... he3