Monday, May 17, 2010

Practical Day 2: Painful Legs Continues



Aaah, I love studies. It is because the classes weren’t 8 to 5 everyday. We even get Friday as a bonus day. No class also. But now it’s time to change. It is a metamorphosis phase which requires patience and determination to pop out as beautiful butterfly. So here I am, waking up as early as beautiful butterfly did. Time to change; it is okay since I sleep early last night. Now I understand why a family person will sleep early, now I must follow those steps.

Actually I couldn’t figure how long time will take to arrive to my workplace. So I pack early and went out from my house at 7. Finally I arrived. Oh, it is only 15 minutes. Urmph, I have to wait till 8 a.m. If I enter the office now I will be blur and don’t know what to do. Plus, I already have things to do, to continue my task which not completed yesterday. But I don’t want to start at 7.20 am. Am I crazy? I still have to finish at 5 even I came early. So wait, and wait, and wait until I think it is suitable for me to punch my card.

7.45, not bad. So I go to the office and put my bag and take my papers. Looking around, there was actually a person, the one who asked me to go out if I can’t imagine the plan with the actual site. So he with his work and for me, I have to prepare a bit. Then 3 young Chinese entered the office and had their breakfast. So I just go out and continue my job. Directly goes to level 10 to continue my counting.

Yeah, you remember what I said yesterday, I found something weird. It is stools. Stools and stools everywhere. If those stools are gold I already quit my study. (Just a figure of speech). There were at every level. Only few levels leaved undisturbed. And it became critical as I reach upper level. I understand, they wouldn’t make it if they have to throw it out properly. And it is funny though, they throw it at the future toilet area. Enough of it.

I still concentrate on my works. Counting and counting and finally I’ve reached level 14 through scaffolding small stairs. The normal stairs are not available at 13th floor and above. I thrown out all my giddiness and determined to use it. 12th level to 13th level are still okay because the platform just about same with the floor level. But for 13th level to 14th level, it became scary a bit. The platform is higher than the floor. It easier to jump from platform to the floor, but to jump from floor to platform, it will be harder. And I shouted in my head “You can do it”. Yeah, it is still okay for 14th level, and then I continue my counting.

Here, I took a perfect spot to relax a bit. As we called in class as ‘take 5’. I do it, and just sit and take a look at the scenery from high above. As I relaxing, a person enters and he is a worker from the office, not a labor. I just smiled and he smiled back to me. Later he asked me ‘What are you searching?”. “No, I just counting these items” I’ve replied. Then he said “Wow, there is a lot of it”. Then I asked “Have you climb to upper level?”. “Level 15, no. It is scary. It is hard to reach the platform back” he explained. Woa, I’m a bit relieved. If I already climb it, I don’t think I can go down again. So I counted these items from the 14th level and managed to do so.

Yeah, finish for block B. Next turn, the whole block A. Now it is already 11 a.m. and 1 hour from lunch time. Take a sip of water from my bottle then go directly to block A. I managed to count for 2 levels until it is already lunch time. I return to office and found out the 3 young Chinese that I’ve met earlier. Then I asked a bit whether they are fresh graduates, and the answer is yes and they just working here for a week. So then, I know them by name and I’ve made acquaintances. So, I can ask several things to them later.

On the way to my van, I walk along with my 1st boss and I asked him several questions with this opportunity. I want a clarification for my situation right now. Who is my actual supervisor? Him or my 2nd boss? So he stated that I work under him but work with my 2nd boss. Do what he asked to do. Hurm, it seems okay for me. I will do what my 2nd boss told me to do..
As usual, my lunch. Nothing to tell at all. If only I found a good spot to relax a bit, surely I will do it. So I returned to the office early with the intention to absorb those air-conditioned air for a while before I continue my works. However, since my temporary table is meeting table, and there was a meeting about to begin and then I’ve been ousted and couldn’t feel the absorption of coldness of the air. I sit 10 meters away from my office, just to relax my legs. It’s painful you know. Today it reaches my thigh.

However, if I continue my works without relaxing a bit, the pain will not be felt. And only if I took 5 minutes break, then I started to walk again the feeling will be very bad. Nevertheless, things must be done and finally I finished my works. But, my 2nd boss today was MC. So I just keep my data and hope that he comes to the office tomorrow.

“INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT GENIUS, KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INFLEXIBILITY, A HIGH DEGREE OF SKILL WITHOUT OVERTRAINING, FEAR BUT NOT COWARDICE, BRAVERY WITHOUT FOOLHARDINESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE WITHOUT EGOTISM, PHYSICAL FITNESS WITHOUT BEING MUSCLE BOUND, PREFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATORY OVER SPECTATOR SPORTS, FRANKNESS WITHOUT BLABBER MOUTHING, ENJOYING LIFE WITHOUT EXCESS HUMOR WITH DISPROPORTION AND FAST REFLEXES OVER PANIC” – Dr Robert Voas -

No comments: