Sunday, May 23, 2010

Practical Day 10: A Milestone







Yeah, it is my 10th day here. Counting based on the work days, not following the actual date. I will go through this industrial training for 8 weeks, with 6 days per week. That means 48 days total of working day. Minus 2 days for Hari Wesak and Hari Keputeraan YDP Agong, it makes to 46 days only. Days left are 36 days now. It is a long way to go.

This morning, I entered the office with thing inside my mind is to deliver those items. I faxed some termination of rental forms and several others and studied a bit about what things left. My 2nd boss then asked me about the delivery plan and I explained him that will be happened later. He asked about two workers that following me, whether I have given an order to them. I thought I can only use them for 2 days. Then my 2nd boss told me that I must finished up all the scaffolding equipments then deliver it to the supplier. That means those 2 fellows will follow my order until all the things finished up.

Shoot. I think it almost impossible to settle it all. However I will try to do it as best as I can. I search for that two people. I found it and ordered them to collect cross bar and main frame. It was a bit clumsy because it was unexpected things that cross my plan. It was simple, just an order and they will finished it up. The hard thing was, I didn’t do reconnaissance yet so I can’t actually locate where those things are. However I just pointed at the place that has too many of the items and they do the work. So I came up on the road and arrange the lifting item up into the lorry. I used to do that and things going fine. Actually, all of it was tiring me so much.

A little conflict, P2 hates this site. He wants to move out with his friend. He said he will go after lunch. The one left is P1. P1 is much more loyal and just do everything that I ordered. Alhamdulillah, this labor problem solved by itself. A substitute came up before me and reporting in. Okay, that’s fine and they do their work with me supervising them. Now, P1 and P3 are working together.

Sometime I will go to the office just to have a cool air. Just sitting and rest a bit and if I have an opportunity, I will asked the experienced worker to know what their problem and how to solve it. I’m also asking them how to coordinate my works that were given by my 2nd boss. They suggest many things but I cannot clearly follow because the equipments are not sufficient. Now, my mainframe, cross bar, broken cross bar are stuck at the basement. I don’t know whether Pak Amin is willing to lift it up using his forklift. I’m not so sure, but I’ve planned to take it out from basement tomorrow.

Aaah, the launching of this condominium will be going on Saturday. So they forbid any items that going to be placed on the roadside. I have to plan a new way to handle this matter. I just need to relax and then think about it. Yes, I want to do it. By 4.30, I watch P1 and P3 do their job. Later I ordered them that take longer time. As they do it, I sneak up going back to the office. I then asked my friend how long they will work. The answer is they will work till 7. Wow, that is so long. I hope they are automated to finish the work and I’m afraid that I don’t know what to ask them to do for tomorrow. Ya Allah, please help me. Please let my work become smooth as possible without any intervention. Amin.


“INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT GENIUS, KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INFLEXIBILITY, A HIGH DEGREE OF SKILL WITHOUT OVERTRAINING, FEAR BUT NOT COWARDICE, BRAVERY WITHOUT FOOLHARDINESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE WITHOUT EGOTISM, PHYSICAL FITNESS WITHOUT BEING MUSCLE BOUND, PREFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATORY OVER SPECTATOR SPORTS, FRANKNESS WITHOUT BLABBER MOUTHING, ENJOYING LIFE WITHOUT EXCESS HUMOR WITH DISPROPORTION AND FAST REFLEXES OVER PANIC” – Dr Robert Voas -

No comments: