Sunday, May 23, 2010

Practical Day 11: Enlightened











As I thinking what to write this night during work hours, I thought I want to use words full of obscenity, vulgarism and curses. It a whole **** day. It was a sudden work need to be done even though I knew already that event will happen. I thought that was not my responsibility, eventually he gave me the job.

This day started as usual, I was directly found my kongsi kong. So we continued our job and I steal sometime to arrange with lorry driver to deliver main frames. However, Abang Din cannot deliver it today. So I suggested for tomorrow and I will try to get confirmation with my 2nd boss. I tried to climb those floors of condominium to recon for several others scaffolding parts. I only reached level 12 to find those items. Well, that was the only that I can afford.

Suddenly, my superior called me and asked me whether I’m working or not today. Maybe he did not see me yet. I replied that I’m working today, and he wanted to see me at the office. “Okay, I will come right away” as I replied. Later, I entered the office and he gave me new task, to manage the sanitary items that need to be delivered. And the bad news was, the lorry already arrived and I don’t have the time to study what it will be. I just do it and go down to the street. LB gave me the DO (Delivery Order) and you know what? The total items delivered were over than 1000 items.

I asked my kongsi kong to do the unloading works and at first, they was reluctant. As I raise my voice a bit they started to do it. However their job does not reach my expectation. With limited space, and no idea what is going on. In the clumsiness, I kept quiet, not speak even a word. I don’t know what to do. Where should I put these 1000 things? They are all big in size. That was my first time I totally stuck in my task.

First part, before Jumaat prayer, I assigned these konsi kongs to unload to the roadside. So I return back home to do my prayer. Then I came back, at first sight I thought it was almost finish. However, there are too many still on the lorry. Since I came back from my prayer, it was 2.30 p.m. and they will rest for a while at 3 p.m. so I couldn’t assigned them clearly with LB also busy to handle so many things. The driver wanted to help but he wants some money. But I said I don’t have money. I’m new here. I didn’t receive my salary yet. (Well, if I’ve got the allowance, I will not give it anyway). So I said to him to pause his intention.

I walk without having a destination, just go around and around and stop a bit. Thinking what should I do. It is already 3.30 and they not returned to the lorry yet. Me myself came up onto the lorry and started the unloading works. I want to push the work to be done. There are too many constraints that I’ve got. Limited experience and knowledge, time, work force, space, and idea. With the launching will be tomorrow, so I needed these items will be stored in the store room. With the delivery lorry is too big (10 tonnes) it took so much space and I don’t know where to put these items. Plus I have to check that they deliver exact quantity according to the DO.

The unloading job was almost finished with one Bangla under me wanted to runaway. Luckily there was Abang Syed who always scold these kongsi kongs. As I told Abang Syed about the intention of the P3, he directly scolds P3. P3 directly obey my orders. Thank you Abang Syed, you lightened my job very much. It was already 5.15 and that was the final items being unloaded. Now the problem is, how can I transferred this ******* items into the store room. I pushed the kongs to work until 6.30 but somehow it still cannot be settled. I’ve dealt with them to work during night and they refused. They wanted me to pay for their food. I agreed in this desperation. But that was first. Later it became worst, they want their work hours added up to 13 hours. But their head doesn’t want to agree. So I couldn’t do anything. As I waited at these items with sorrow and uncertainty whether I can go home or not, there was Sugi and the gang came and hang out there. I joined them.

Later came Abang Ijan. Never has a chance to greet him. But this time I asked him something and he answered to me well. (Actually we did some gossiping, that was the one which enlightened me, he3). So my mind and emotion became a bit free. Sugi and the gang also suggested me to just go back. They said why office doesn’t want to take care of this. They should know and they don’t want to do anything. Actually, I’m the one who responsible for this. They replied, it’s okay and I can finish it tomorrow. With the confusion about the event tomorrow, launching. Abang Nizam, safety officer explained to me that he already covered the working space from being visible to visitors so I will have no excuse to work tomorrow.

Okay then, with your suggestion that relieved me so much, finally I can go home. At 8.00 p.m. Yes, this is my first time going back home at night. WTH?


“INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT GENIUS, KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INFLEXIBILITY, A HIGH DEGREE OF SKILL WITHOUT OVERTRAINING, FEAR BUT NOT COWARDICE, BRAVERY WITHOUT FOOLHARDINESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE WITHOUT EGOTISM, PHYSICAL FITNESS WITHOUT BEING MUSCLE BOUND, PREFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATORY OVER SPECTATOR SPORTS, FRANKNESS WITHOUT BLABBER MOUTHING, ENJOYING LIFE WITHOUT EXCESS HUMOR WITH DISPROPORTION AND FAST REFLEXES OVER PANIC” – Dr Robert Voas -

No comments: