Sunday, May 23, 2010

Practical Day 9: Doing Works











I have to prepare for some preliminary action to conduct this collecting work again. Since my 2nd boss said yesterday that podium needed to be covered too, so I walk the area to search these jack base and u-head. Looking at my watch, it is 8.05 a.m. office clock. Actually my watch is 10 minutes early from Malaysian standard time however at this site it became 15 minutes early. It is confusing a bit though. It is only 5 minutes of working hour started, my 2nd boss called me warns me about the importance of lorry availability. I didn’t book the lorry yet because the collecting works of those items are not finished. How come I can book a lorry with unprepared items needed to be deliver. Haiya.

I called the usual lorry driver, Abang Din. He said that he is too busy right now. Then I called Abang Lan and asked his availability. He is delivering sand right now and will be free this evening. I’m a bit happy. So I just continue my collecting job with P1 and P2 that helped me yesterday. It was simple today; the only thing that takes so long was waiting for Pak Amin, the forklift driver. He wants to save trip. He delivers things inside and I asked him to take my things to the roadside. It was short yet a long journey. However I managed to arrange it before tea time at 10 a.m.

Later it continues as usual. Collecting these items is very time consuming. Even it is simple enough, however to manage those kongsi-kongs is really tough. They are also human being. They tire like others too. Need a rest for a while in the intervening hour. So I have to wait and some time I give them a hand. Sometimes later my 2nd boss called me to the office to give him the information regarding my measurement works last week. No big problem.

I’ve managed the lorry matter during lunch hour. Suddenly Abang Lan called and he wants my confirmation on the destination place of delivery. I said it was Puchong, and he thought I said Bukit Jelutong earlier. Then, the conclusion is he cannot deliver it today. This makes me enter into a problem. However, my 2nd boss doesn’t look so angry and just said to send it out tomorrow. Since I heard that, I’ve become relieved but still have to wait for tomorrow to settle this problem.

It was almost 5 o’clock. I push P1 and P2 to work faster. I don’t want to come home late again like yesterday. Then they do the work continuously and finally we finished just on time. I came back to the office to pack my belongings and bag. But I give a chance for some time to wait for my 2nd boss to brief him what I have done today. However Mr. Tong, my first boss entered the office. I took this chance to ask him to sign my logbook. He signed it and I’m very happy. I said thank you to him and he replied ‘you’re welcome’. His kindness to answer my ‘thank you’ greatly boosted me emotionally and mentally. Not like others, I always say ‘thank you’ but not much replied from them. I don’t have many event today but I still bringing home the anxiety of this Monday. The day that my project manager wants me to brief him about sanitary wares. Waaaaaa…


“INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT GENIUS, KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INFLEXIBILITY, A HIGH DEGREE OF SKILL WITHOUT OVERTRAINING, FEAR BUT NOT COWARDICE, BRAVERY WITHOUT FOOLHARDINESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE WITHOUT EGOTISM, PHYSICAL FITNESS WITHOUT BEING MUSCLE BOUND, PREFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATORY OVER SPECTATOR SPORTS, FRANKNESS WITHOUT BLABBER MOUTHING, ENJOYING LIFE WITHOUT EXCESS HUMOR WITH DISPROPORTION AND FAST REFLEXES OVER PANIC” – Dr Robert Voas -

No comments: