Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Practical Day 14: Lightest Day, So Far







Urmph, I have to deal with these Banglas again. It is ok. I make them do some works. So let it be. For me, with plastic bag hanging on my hand, walking around to find this tiny little thing that scattered all around the place, joint pin. I have collected about over than 20 number of joint pin for today. If I have to rely on those Banglas to find this, there will be no chance.

As I walked around, I have to leave them alone to do their work. As I came back, Rashpal already took my men and asked them to store the door frames. So my work has suspended for a while again. I waited, and waited, and waited. I think I fall asleep on a bench in front of slope work.

As I woke up, there was Mr. Lim who is in charge for this work. With this opportunity, I greet him and introduce myself to him. I asked a lot of things regarding this slope work. I even told him that this kind of work is my interest. As I explained to him that I’m now working under QS department, he said that it is okay, I will never work as QS after this. So this is the chance for me to have experience about QS. That’s mean I can gain much knowledge about this aspect. Some of our talks were regarding soil testing. He even asked me about the mechanism of Sand Replacement Method. So without any hesitation I explained to him and everything going just fine. He then offered me to look at the drawing of the design of the slope and he even took my contact number. For me, he is so generous to help me.

I returned to the office to prepare for lunch. My 2nd boss asked me to returned back that 2 Banglas to Mr. Simon. My 2nd boss let me to suspend my work for searching of scaffolding parts. I’m glad I have to release these Banglas. I don’t know how to control them anymore. But at the same time, I don’t know what to do anymore. There was information that told me other sanitary wares will be arrived for today. I think that is my task for now.

After I returned from lunch, there was no one in the office, except a guy that I don’t know his name yet (30/6/2010: Now I know, it was Abang Amin). I take a while to stand in front of the strongest air-con in the office. Later I sit at the meeting table and just waiting for everyone to return. Suddenly Mr. Yi came in and as usual greets me with like a yelling “Aderi”. Yes, that what he called me, my Japanese name. I don’t even introduce myself with my Japanese name. So we having a chit chat for a while. Nothing important.

Nurul, the secretary just came for work. As I relaxing, she asked me whether I have a work to do right now. No, I don’t have a work right now, just waiting for things to come. She suddenly asked me to do some secretary job. However my 2nd boss asked me to install some computer hardware. So I did my 2nd boss order first and later with helping Nurul. So pity to her, being yelled everyday and I think that is why she skipped so many days of work. She even wanted to resign next month. With no work, I just help her and my 2nd boss doesn’t order me to do things so far.

As I’m helping Nurul, there was Heng sitting near to us. I’ve asked both of them about Public Holiday. This Friday will be Wesak Day and that is supposed to be a holiday for all of us. I think because of this site is rushing, the system are changed and most of them will not having a holiday for that day. I’m disappointed. I go out and called the HQ to asked whether for trainee like can have that public holiday. Luckily, the person at the HQ clarifies me that we (trainee) supposed to have our public holiday. Not like other normal worker who already signed a contract that stated they will have limited public holiday. I am bit relieving for me but I cannot be satisfied as I did not confirmed yet with my 1st boss. InsyaAllah, I will ask him if I have the chance.

Plus, about the broken items, LP already explains to the bosses. So I think there will be no problem anymore. But now I am determine to make sure everything will going fine after this.


“INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT GENIUS, KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INFLEXIBILITY, A HIGH DEGREE OF SKILL WITHOUT OVERTRAINING, FEAR BUT NOT COWARDICE, BRAVERY WITHOUT FOOLHARDINESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE WITHOUT EGOTISM, PHYSICAL FITNESS WITHOUT BEING MUSCLE BOUND, PREFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATORY OVER SPECTATOR SPORTS, FRANKNESS WITHOUT BLABBER MOUTHING, ENJOYING LIFE WITHOUT EXCESS HUMOR WITH DISPROPORTION AND FAST REFLEXES OVER PANIC” – Dr Robert Voas -

No comments: