Thursday, July 22, 2010

Practical Day 28: HQ Job

Today I just have to deliver the jack Base and U-Head, as usual. My target is to make the lorry driver to try to make two trips for today. Unfortunately, he cannot make it as he has many reasons. I couldn’t force him to do so, so I just let the situation be like that. Later my 2nd boss asked me to return to the office. He wants to give me a new task.

As I enter the office he suddenly at the front of the door, so I just asked him what he wanted. As he sees me sweat heavily so he just let me rest for a while and wait for Shima, the new site clerk. Then I waited for her to finish her job. Later my 2nd boss asked us to go to HQ and deliver some documents and learn how to key in the Delivery Order data into the system. I’m amazed at first because today is Friday, and he always asked me to make a travel on Friday. What the hell. I have religious obligations on day like this. I just go with Shima because the heavy part is for her, not me. I just become the back up as I must learn that thing also.

So two of us travel to the HQ at Subang Jaya. I mentioned to her that today is Friday. I have to do my Friday prayer and it might disturb our plan. So we decided that Shima will learn the key in and later I will learn from her. So I just go to my house at Shah Alam and pray there.

As I arrive at Section 7, Shah Alam I’ve seen my friends motorcycle. That means my friends are at home right now. I have some chit chat with them since we haven’t seen for a long time. Then we go for Friday prayer together. Later I checked our result and this I will tell you in other post.

I rush back to the HQ and Shima is still learning how to key in those data. I thought we can go back to the site directly after I finished my prayer. So I’m stuck at the HQ for a long time, not until 5 but it is until 6.40 p.m. What a miserable day, but not much. I have something happy in my mind.

Along the day, we learn to be as a team to finish the job. Our teacher, Kak Miza does not hesitant to teach us. She does not angry as we learn slowly. She still teach us with full of interest as this is important thing to be done. Even this take too much time, but she let us learn on our pace that is why I’m not mad at this situation. Shima feel that she wanted to stay here, working here since the environment is very friendly. Not tough like at site. For me, this is not my job. I just play my ‘role’ as a student. Learning everything that they force me to learn even though it is not related with me. But everything is fine since Kak Miza is very nice and kind toward us. Finish the day, we just wanted to go back. To return to our home and get some rest. And another thing in my mind, I want to claim my overtime and also the claim for fuel for travelling from site to the HQ. Sorry, I don’t have so much funds to bear this on my own.

Allahumma Yassir Wa La Tu’assir, Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: