Friday, July 30, 2010

Practical Day 45: Gudday







I am a little bit afraid of yesterday task. To find those sanitary wares that already arrived long before I’m here. The thing making this matter worse, LP also does not working here at that time. I assume that I have to check a new file from Kalam, another Bangla. I think he was the store keeper before LP. But I just want to keep busy with my report. I search for files that include information regarding this site. I photocopied method of statement and so many more. Ting didn’t say a word to me. I hope I can get off the hook this time. Later I seek Mr. Tong to get his initial on my logbook. Then I state my intention to make tomorrow as my last day. He seems surprised. I give a reason that my class will start immediately on Monday as I don’t have so much time to prepare. He seems okay even though he did not say yes or no. However, I will decide on that matter. Now, my decision is tomorrow is my last day. InsyaAllah.

Ting overheard us. He suddenly turns around and asked me to arrange everything that I have done before in a file. So he wants me to give to him later. Mr. Ting also adds that I suppose to hand over those items to Shima. Shima did not come today. So I feel a bit down. Okay, fine. I just go out and take some pictures around the site. It took me a while though. It is good as I want to waste my time without doing works from the office. Later about 1 hour before lunch, I return to the office. I wanted to photocopy some other materials. As I read the progress report to pick what I wanted suddenly Ting called me. Then he says that he wanted me to follow him for lunch, to the McDonald. I don’t know what to say. I have to cancel the lunch plan with Faiz.

In the car, with Kak Ita I have learned the truth. Lot of it. She said that (something might be racist)… but the fact is every race is same. The basis is there are good people and bad people. That’s all. Once they know that one Malay differ from Malay stereotype, they will be amazed. So that’s why I’m here right now. Being invited for lunch and will be treated by them like a celebration as an appreciation. I couldn’t ask for more. Alhamdulillah if what she says is true. So I ask for her opinion whether I’m good or not? Then she answer that I’m doing okay. I have to know the fact that I am learning and I am a TRAINEE. I should not mutter on my low-class task. The major point is to give an exposure to me on the working on site. It’s okay Kak Ita. I already accepted that fact few weeks ago when Mr. Yong, my lecturer gives me a visit. It is also strengthen after I met Ir. Shaharin last week.

So, I being treated by Ah Ting and I get a free gift from McD. Six of us, made up from myself, Kak Ita, Rashpal, Ah Ting, Ah Teh and Mr. Tong, my supposed-to-be-supervisor. I never had a chance to go to lunch with them. I think this is to commemorate my ending of practical. After billion sweats falling over, hatred that I have felt, confusedness, lost in the world and so many more knowledge and experience that I have, I should thanks them for what I have now.

Later in the evening, I climb up to the uppermost floor of the block A. I wanted to see the brickworks being done yesterday. Amazingly, there is huge advancement made until today. Alhamdulillah, now I already have some pictures of progress. As I going down from the building, I met Taizil Islam, P1 from the previous post. He is the kongsi kong that I used to get help from. I shake hands with him and mentioned that tomorrow will be my last day. I don’t know whether he can understand me. He just laughs.

Suddenly my phone rang. It is Eddie. I take the call and he asked my whereabouts. I said that I am at level 11 to watch work under progress. So he wanted me to check on sanitary fittings inside the cabin. The cabin is placed on the roadside at the main road. I never have chance to peek in it. Now I have the huge chance to check on items in it. However, the cabin inside is too hot. Too humid as the odor is also bad. I check the items. Later I show it to Eddie even though it is already too late (for me, I want to go home sharp on 5). He took the list and wanted me to photocopy it for him. I just do the order. Later upon receiving the list again, he asked me “Adli, is it tomorrow is your last day”. Then I nodded without a word. Then he looks at other place in despair. I don’t know what the issue for him. As far as I’m concern, I can stop working here. Nothing else disturbing my mind. I hope he can find another trainee to do my job. Lol.

So I return home with smile on my face. I feel like a got an A for Industrial Training already. Well, the result not too important (Yes, it is actually important), but I want to feel this feeling. Feeling of proud and happiness. I hope I can get an A for this subject, Industrial Training.

Allahumma Yassir, Wa La Tu’assir. Rabbi Tammim BilKhair.





“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: