Saturday, July 24, 2010

Practical Day 32: Relieve




I came to the site with so many things in my head. My lecturer is coming, Eddie the PM wanted me to deliver items out and Ah Man wanted me to accompany him to do the measurement. First thing first, even with my bag clinging around me, I approach for Pak Martin. I asked him to help me and fortunately he is willing to help me to arrange the Jack Base and U-Head. FYI, PM wanted me to deliver the frame but I take the JB and UH as the replacement as I don’t know how to solve the problem of the ladder frame.

As Pak Martin arranged the JB and UH, I took a chance to deliver my bag to the office and ready the new paperwork for this delivery. As I waited Pak Martin by his side, the lorry driver passed through us and he stopped. He asked me where the item wanted to be delivered. Wow, I’m surprised. It is hard yesterday and today he even offered me to deliver those items. I don’t want to miss this chance. As I promised him that I will arrange somebody to lift the frames from the drain into the lorry.

Directly after Pak Martin arranged the JB and UH, I asked him to help me again. To help me to deal with the tower crane and to arrange with the lorry driver. He kindly wanted to help me. Now, the JB and UH are ready and I called Abang Din, the smaller lorry driver to confirm with him to make a delivery. As I called him, Pak Martin already brings the lorry to the side of the drain. He is ready to lift the frames. Wow, Pak Martin is really easy. I don’t have to give specific instruction. Just general confirmation and he can do it on his own. Not like Bangla, I really appreciate it.

So I just look at him. Abang Nizam once told me that people like Pak Martin is easy to handle. We don’t have to worry too much. If we give him clear order and he can do it, he will definitely do it without burdening us. He is also versatile, which means that he can do many works. So I just look at him with his assistant lifting up the frames from the drain. I don’t have to yell or to help much. It is being done easily. This is what I called ‘problem solved by nature’. I know that Allah is the one who arrange the situation. Alhamdulillah.

Now, my lecturer called me. He already arrived. I gave Pak Martin last instruction to pick up other frames at other place then I greet my lecturer, Mr. Yong Chua Bon. He taught me ‘Static and Dynamic’ in my first semester. I still remember him even though he did not know me. So I greet him with a smile. Then we get into our office. This event makes me nervous. Mr. Tong not at office, Mr. Ting is too busy. Mr. Ting also instructed me to not disturb Eddie, the PM. So I’m blank. I asked Mr. Yong to wait for a while as I searching for Mr. Tong. As I called him, he already at level 16 doing some inspection. Fortunately, He sends Mr. Chong to replace him. I don’t know what he discussed with my lecturer as Mr. Chong never instructed me to do anything.

I waited at the meeting table. Look at them discussing about me. Later after they finished talking, Mr. Yong called me to discuss something. So he questions me about what I have done here with several other questions. Later it is finished, our meeting. Then I said thanks to him for visiting me and then we dismissed.

Then I rushed to search for Pak Martin to continue my job. Again I satisfied, he almost done with his job. Even without me watching with the fact that my lecturer is visiting me. Then I just preparing the paper work and the lorry driver send the item. Then I have a breakfast with Abang Nizam. Actually we talked a lot but I don’t know what to write here. One thing is, Abang Nizam is the one who granted permission for Pak Martin to help me. I thanked him with full of gratefulness. He added that if he knows that my lecturer is coming, I should say that Abang Nizam is my supervisor so he can back me up a lot. But the thing has passed. Nothing can be done anymore.

Later in the evening, I just send out the JB and UH that left. Funny thing is, Abang Din the lorry driver forgot to close his lorry door. I already pointed it but he didn’t notice I presumed. Later he stopped and he closed the door. Maybe he is too tired. So sorry about him. But that is his job, he must do it. Later nothing much happened, but I feel ashamed for a scandal that arises inside our office. I hope I can avoid it. So I just go back home and nothing inside of my mind. Just wanted to sleep and wake up for tomorrow. Hope, nothing surprised me tomorrow.

Ya Allah, Allahumma Yassir, Wa La Tu’assir, Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.





“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: