Saturday, July 10, 2010

Practical Day 15: Feeling Guilty

I don’t know what my task is for today. As far as I’m concern, I have to wait for toilet delivery for today. I saw my 1st boss and Teh waited outside at the gate. They did not mention anything to me. I just go to the office and I saw there were fogging activity was in place. It is good, beside it can kill those mosquitoes all around the place, we can delay our work a bit so I have some time to relax.

The fogging finished, I just entered the office. As I wait for a while, few minutes later my 2nd boss called me and gives me a new task. It was to calculate what items made the walkway for visitors. It was simple enough for me, just counting the mainframes, plywood, jack base, u-head, area of cement rendered and stone, galvanized iron pipe and few other things. I finished the job much early and I just sat at the meeting table without any works.

As I waited for lunch, I realized the Chinese workers already gone. Only we, Malays, stayed in the office. With this chance, I asked them to join them for lunch. Then they agreed and that was my first time having lunch with co-workers.

Upon returning from lunch, my co-worker said that the toilet delivery already arrived. So I just find LP and let him organized this thing. I only have to check the delivered item to match with the Delivery Order. Everything was fine and I just returned to the office. This task was much easier than last two deliveries. The things was much lesser and much lighter.

Now I don’t know what to do. I’ve changed the network card on a pc, asked by my 2nd boss. Alhamdulillah, it worked. Now I’m totally free. As I waited for half an hour, my 2nd boss didn’t give me a task. So I offered myself to the secretary to help her. So I help her with folding some large document, and not even one set I finished, my 2nd boss called me again. He asked me to photocopy a bulk of claim document. This task was very time consuming. With the photocopy machine always stuck, it made me mad. I have to do it page by page. I’ve finished at 6.00 and I took some time to play the internet. That was my first time that I’ve got a chance to online at the office.

Later, I’ve been forced to help the secretary again by my co-worker. I helped however and I just finished a simple task. I wanted to go back and it was too late. I have to rush to catch up the time for Asar as Maghrib almost time already. She reluctant to let me go and I just stayed at the door. I came in again and sit. Kak Ita said to me to go back already, don’t feel guilty. I felt guilty already but I don’t know what to do. I still responsible to do my prayer. So I just decided to go back and said to them if they want me to help, they should mentioned to me earlier and I will try my best to keep myself clean. I just go back with my mind still linger about that matter. I don’t know what awaits me for tomorrow. Allahumma Yassir wa la tu’assir, Rabbi tammin bil khair.


“INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT GENIUS, KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INFLEXIBILITY, A HIGH DEGREE OF SKILL WITHOUT OVERTRAINING, FEAR BUT NOT COWARDICE, BRAVERY WITHOUT FOOLHARDINESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE WITHOUT EGOTISM, PHYSICAL FITNESS WITHOUT BEING MUSCLE BOUND, PREFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATORY OVER SPECTATOR SPORTS, FRANKNESS WITHOUT BLABBER MOUTHING, ENJOYING LIFE WITHOUT EXCESS HUMOR WITH DISPROPORTION AND FAST REFLEXES OVER PANIC” – Dr Robert Voas -

No comments: