Monday, July 26, 2010

Practical Day 37: Pressured

Well, honestly I write this post much later than the actual day. So I have to hardly recall my memory to remember what I have done on that day. As far as I know, I come as usual to the site. Knowing that I still keeping two Banglas now I have to make sure they have to do their works. So I have my delivery for today. I meet my PM, he wanted to know whether I want to use them much longer. So I said that I will return them to him after lunch. So I just do my work as usual. To deliver the JB and UH.

In the same time, Ah Man the man from Xun Hip, the subcontractor always pushes me to finish up the calculation we made yesterday. I said that is impossible. I need a free half day to work on that. But I have other task to be completed. So I have to ignore his pressure.

I just have my day. Some issue arises between me and PM as he wanted me to clear all the JB and UH totally. In my mind, that is impossible as there are so many JB and UH being use right now. But I tried anyway. So I just do it. Sent out two trips of items.

Well, I couldn’t remember much about my work anymore. Not like my early weeks of working. I just go through it. Okay, at least on this evening I tried to satisfy Ah Man. But I only can make few calculations for him. I have to go back as I have to bring along Faiz the new trainee. I couldn’t remember other event. Because I know I’m tougher now. I have to go through everything as I want to learn.

But I know, I like my site not because of the site’s nature. I like to see Shima, the site clerk. I like her smile. And I’m not happy if she is not happy or under pressure from the superior staffs. She is my friend that keeping my survival at the site. Even though she did nothing to me, but she gives me strength from the inside. She gives so many tips that are too valuable. I mean, she gives me some rare tips that I never heard of from other senior staffs. Sometime I express my problem to her as I have to share it with others. She is willing to hear even though it is quite boring. Well, enough of her. I hope I can see her every day onwards. If she is not at the site, I feel that I will be unlucky on that day. I hope she will come to work every day.

Allahumma Yassir, Wa La Tu’assir. Rabbi Tammim BilKhair.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: