Saturday, July 24, 2010

Practical Day 34: Top Of The World



Well, I don’t know what to do today. But I already promised by Abang Syed to learn about ‘setting out’. So I’m eager to wait for it. So I just acting busy, key in what I have calculated yesterday into the computer. But, I can’t. I know I’m not good at acting. Then at almost 10 a.m. I’ve been busted by Ting, the 2nd boss. Well, I want to call him 2nd boss no more. Just say his name, Ting. He looked at me and asked usual thing. “What items delivered today?” and it is so typical. But I don’t have anything to be sent out. I said to him, “You said that you want to arrange somebody to collect those items that scattered all over the place. So I don’t have anything to be delivered today”. “Whoa, so you just sit over there and do nothing?” he replied with high voice. “Well, what should I do” I replied then. He rush to the phone and called somebody. Now, I have a job. A bit sad that I probably won’t be able to join Abang Syed later.

So I called a number on the wall, the ‘kepala’ of Bangla. This is much hardcore. The Bangla doesn’t understand Malay at all. But fortunately, the ‘kepala’ can understand Malay. So the system just like this, give instructions to the ‘kepala’ and later he will order his subordinate to finish the task. It is simple. But the issue here is Ting actually steal Abang Ijan people. So he is angry but I explained to him that I can wait for his job. What an idiot! Taking people just like that, he should ask Abang Ijan properly, not like that.

I take this time opportunity to talk with Abang Azhar, person from JKS the subcontractor. He tells me about the general view of the upper part of the hierarchy. About the issues arises between staffs and bosses. How to handle and how to accept the fact that we just a subordinate. I hear with interest for his entire story.

Okay, today is Friday. I went home and do my prayer. Later I returned to the office I’ve seen the Bangla is doing their work. It is fine. So I just give orders then they will arrange all my items. Now it is time to follow Abang Syed to climb the Block A. But we have been separated because I have some stomachache to be settled first. So then I climbed to the 16th floor, where there are no bricks yet. Then I called him to ask his whereabouts. He is at level 10. Oh! I reached here first.

Later he comes to the place where I wait. He said that the ‘setting out’ couldn’t be done. It is too late. Maybe tomorrow they will proceed. Then he teaches me about the level. There are marks everywhere and they are at same level. This is being done by the surveyor. They marked the spot to notify the level of the middle floor. This is important as the renderer and other works will refer to this line. So today I just learned this.

But wait, he then ask me to follow him to another level. Level 17 a.k.a. upper penthouse. I’ve been here first, the penthouse before their real owner. Wow, for the first time I reached the uppermost part of the building (excluding water tank level). There are no roofs yet as it is open. I look around me, look for the KL view. It is so beautiful. I feel that I don’t want to return down. I want to stay here for much longer. But it last only for 15 minutes as Abang Syed want to go back. Then I watched the view for the last time. Wow, it is so beautiful.



“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: