Thursday, July 22, 2010

Practical Day 26: Making Progress Report

I thought I have to do some measurement today. So I waited for a long time for Ah Man to do the job. However he didn’t come. After some problems were sorted out, I’ve been called by the Project Manager with the new site clerk, Kak Ita and Ah Ting to his office. The issue was to finish up the progress report that usually being done by Nurul, the former site clerk.

It’s mean I’m the main force in completing the report. Even though the de facto leader is Kak Ita that will guide us through the completion of the report. I’m the thruster of the work. The site clerk is totally new and she doesn’t know anything and it is impossible to rely on her. I do it step by step, remembering the steps that have been thought by Nurul two weeks earlier. Fortunately, Nurul has left a file, file of the main core of the report. I only have to photocopy some parts that been used again and again and other parts were already prepared by Kak Ita and I only have to print it out. Some other parts, I only have to request from others persons that related.

Because this is my first time do it alone with Kak Ita is so busy, I have to do it slowly, understanding as a whole the progress report. Alhamdulillah, there was a new site clerk which give some hand to help me. It is time consuming, I take a break for a while during lunch and I saw the site clerk doesn’t go out for lunch. I believe she will go hungry after this. The report completion will took much time with no experience person are going to lead.

I do it however until it is 4 p.m. Finally I completed the whole set of progress report. I cannot believe it. I couldn’t be satisfied right now, there are another 15 sets need to be completed. So I rush with photocopying job and do it again and again. One by one personnel left the office to go home. Now I feel what Nurul felt when I left her early two weeks ago. Still me, new site clerk and Kak Ita are struggling to finish the report. Finally at 8.40 the real time, we finished all the copies. The only task to be done is binding works. Maybe it can be done for tomorrow by the new site clerk because I have to take my mother to the clinic in early morning tomorrow. Alhamdulillah for now.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: