Monday, July 19, 2010

Practical Day 20: Working Through Sickness

Again, there are other milestones for me. The twentieth day and it is a new month, June. I came to the site without motivation. I’m not feeling fully healthy. So I just came because there is no MC anymore. Early in the morning I am hanging out at canteen with Bro Syed just to buy some time. Later we just continue our job.

My 2nd boss later asked me to finish up the jack base and u-head issue. Again, I have no men right now. However I still check it out to observe how much left at the basement. Surprisingly there are four women collecting those things and arrange it on palettes. As I investigate later I knew that they are working under direct order from Project Manager. It is good, so I don’t have to think too much.

Then I came back to the office my 2nd boss asked me to go to a hardware shop to collect data about availability of PVC folding door. It took me almost an hour to locate the shop and sometime later to deal with the owner. Finish then.

I parked my van at the usual spot, where there is a natural bench located near it. I’m so tired. No energy inside me. I’ve lost my appetite for a few days now. I’ve got a fever, diarrhea, sore throat, headache and many more. So I just try to fight these diseases. I sit on the natural bench and take a breath for a while. It seems my breath now became short due to these diseases.

Later, I returned to the office. After I briefed to my 2nd boss about the PVC folding door, he directly asked me to do another thing which involve going upside of the slope. So I asked his generosity to let me rest a bit because I’m not totally healthy. So he just smiled and let me rest. I do what he asked later but unfortunately he gave me a wrong instruction. So I don’t want to do it anymore for today. Maybe tomorrow if it is okay.

Later I just sit and try to take a nap. It might be inappropriate to have a nap while other is working. Suddenly Abang Nizam wakes me up to make sure my condition. So I explained why I became like this. “I lost my appetite so I did not eat. The consequence is I don’t have enough energy”. Then he recommended to me to take energy drink like Gatorade, Livita or any other that I think might help. I like his idea and maybe I’ll do it for tomorrow.

Allahumma Yassir Wa La Tu’assir, Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: