Saturday, July 24, 2010

Practical Day 36: New Trainee

It is a normal day. I mean normal because I didn’t feel the Sunday. It is like suddenly Monday without I’m realizing it. That might be helpful so I did not miss much the Sunday. Well, for today I’m being promised by our PM to be given few people to help me to clear up the JB and UH. So, after the toolbox meeting I just waited as he organized the workers. Then he gives me 3 people to clear up the items. Then Abang Ijan said to me ‘There is so many kongsi kongs you have here”. As I always borrow his people then that is why he said like that to me.

So I just show them where to collect those items. A confrontation occured as PM pointed towards me as he looks at me like I don’t know how to manage these people. Even though I said OK, but I chose to ignore his order. As far as I’m concern, my job will be completed. No matter how they do it. InsyaAllah.

So I just walked around as the Banglas collecting those JB and UH. In the same time, my mind is thinking to plan how the works are going to be done. The most challenging part is to bring up the JB and UH at the drainage which is so deep. With the tower crane is broken down and mobile crane is too busy, so I have ordered them to transfer it manually. Luckily, halfway the work being done Abang Ijan advised me to use Backhoe as to transport those item at the upper level. Alhamdulillah, everything is working well even though it took some time. Unfortunately, as I thought that these items can be delivered today, it turns out bad. 3 Banglas is reduced to 2 as one of them fell sick. Plus there are so many JB and UH not yet arranged on the palettes. So I decided to cancel the delivery for today. But promise to the lorry driver for tomorrow morning delivery, InsyaAllah. However, I believe I do a right thing. So I don’t have to be afraid. Then I’m hoping that everything turns out fine for tomorrow. Amin.

Later I returned to the office. Then Abang Syed said to me “There, your pal.” What? So I looked at young people. I’m thinking about a new trainee as what Nurul said to me last month. So we are having a new trainee. Pity on him, his home at Serdang, the site at Desa Melawati. Making thing worst, he don’t have any transport. So he just learning as first day like what I did. Climbing to the uppermost floor but much more beneficial to him. As he learned from Alex, he will quit tomorrow. So the trainee learn a lot about architectural works.

As he is my new friend and fighting alongside me, I offered him to Setiawangsa Station as he took public transport. I’m afraid that what I said to him in the van will frighten him. I hope not. As I motivate him that we must fight for our survival of fighting. Well, I will finish in next week so I dare to say like that. However, two weeks is a long period. Nothing can be taken for granted. I must do my best also.

Allahumma Yassir, Wa La Tu’assir, Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: