Saturday, July 24, 2010

Practical Day 33: Nil

I come to the office with ease, relaxed feeling. Nothing much bothered me as I knew already what I will do. The task waited for me today is to measure some area of the condominium. Not much I think, but with few variety of rooms. The day before, I already thinking what Eddie the PM will ask me. He must be asking ‘What items delivered today?”. So I prepared with the excuse that “Ting already asked people to collect those thing that scattered all over the place. And for me, I will wait until everything is ready then I can sent it out”. Yes, that thing happened and thanks Allah because I already planned what to answer.

Okay, at the morning I just calculating the area that I already measured yesterday. I colored it with my highlighter. Then Ting (2nd Boss) called me and asked about the delivery, so I just answer like what he said yesterday. So, he looks around at my table and asked me to follow Ah Man. I replied that I already planned with Ah Man at 1 p.m. So he just keep quiet and do his job.

So I sit at my table and doing the calculation slowly. Then it is lunch hour so I just go out and bought some bread. That’s it for my lunch, not much. I returned to the office and just browsing the internet. Now I just wait for Ah Man. He entered the office but nothing happened. He doesn’t ask me to follow him. So later he walked out the office and then I don’t know what to do. But still I continue with my calculating job, but much more slowly as I don’t want to finish my job much early.

At 4 p.m., I already finished my calculation. So I just sit there and waited for 5 p.m. At some point, I expressed my worry to Abang Syed that my job has finished. That makes me worry for tomorrow. Later he offered me to follow him tomorrow to do some inspection. I don’t expect this but without hesitate I just accept his offer. I want to learn. I hope tomorrow there will be nothing disturbing me as I want to learn. InsyaAllah.

Allahumma Yassir Wa La Tu’assir, Rabbi Tammim Bil Khair.


“PATRIOTISM IS SUPPORTING YOUR COUNTRY ALL THE TIME, AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN IT DESERVES IT” – Mark Twain -

No comments: